Great/Interesting Finds

Tuntematon

29 Jan 2016, 20:33

ohaimark wrote:
Jimi14 wrote: Its probably overpriced but isn't that some dolch variation on the right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-4-Misc-A ... SwoydWmphV
Let's number them 1-4 and 5, 1 being nearest on the left and 4 being the farthest away. 5 is the Dolch.

1 is gross -- Keytronic. 2 I can't ID casually. 3's LED location tells me it probably isn't Alps. 4 is Keytronic (ick). Unless you're willing to risk it for 2 and 5, don't buy the bundle.
#2 is a Fujitsu with Peerless switches, #3 is a Mitsumi rubber dome, the Dolch-style one is the only worthwhile one unless you want to try the Fujitsu but the price is still high I think.

bazh

29 Jan 2016, 20:35

wow, that's one boxy spacebar

tigpha

29 Jan 2016, 20:50

Nexos CText-2 Fujitsu keyboard N860 Looks as if it was originally from a word processor.

tigpha

29 Jan 2016, 20:54

Two "Vintage Dolchi Early Luggable Laptops" Two "Dolchi", only one keyboard.

tigpha

29 Jan 2016, 21:04

IBM XT model M Keyboard original model number 1389969. Looks a bit different from most Model Ms I've seen so far: no LED display, and a square aluminium logo.

tigpha

29 Jan 2016, 21:07

Vintage IBM 5155 Portable Personal Computer. Apparenly functioning, with a very grubby Model F keyboard, looks set to reach a solid three figures...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Jan 2016, 21:08

tigpha wrote: Two "Vintage Dolchi Early Luggable Laptops" Two "Dolchi", only one keyboard.
That was to be expected… :lol:

bubblebobbler

29 Jan 2016, 21:15

ohaimark wrote:
Jimi14 wrote: Its probably overpriced but isn't that some dolch variation on the right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-4-Misc-A ... SwoydWmphV
Let's number them 1-4 and 5, 1 being nearest on the left and 4 being the farthest away. 5 is the Dolch.

1 is gross -- Keytronic. 2 I can't ID casually. 3's LED location tells me it probably isn't Alps. 4 is Keytronic (ick). Unless you're willing to risk it for 2 and 5, don't buy the bundle.

#2 would be a Mitsumi KPQEA5ZA (or regional variation) at a guess

here's a pic of one from when I offered one up for anyone who wanted to pay shipping for it on reddit

the offer still stands btw, I don't think it's of any use to anyone, but if any hoarder in the UK wants it, pm me

tigpha

29 Jan 2016, 21:20

"ULTRA RARE VINTAGE INTERTEC SUPERBRAIN QD COMPUTER"

So rare that there are two simultaneously offered today:
Fantastic project indeed!

idollar
i$

29 Jan 2016, 21:42

bazh

29 Jan 2016, 21:53

I didn't even know those trackball numpad even exist ._.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Jan 2016, 22:01

Tuntematon wrote: #2 is a Fujitsu with Peerless switches
Ha I'm sure some poor soul on the forums would be more than happy to give theirs away. It's only marginally better as a switch than Keytronic foam and foil. I've had both and had to toss them because I couldn't get rid of them. :lol:

tigpha

29 Jan 2016, 22:03

A couple of curious looking boards, States side. Transport costs prohibitive to the U.K. Can anyone identify what these consist of?

Compgeke

29 Jan 2016, 22:04

The trackball is cool but so is that computer. 128K upgraded to a Plus at some point. Looks like bad ram\caps causing the bars and issues but shouldn't be too hard to fix if anyone wanted a complete Mac Plus for some reason.
Not clicky or mechanical, wiki/Olivetti_dome_with_slider
Last edited by Compgeke on 29 Jan 2016, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

tentator

29 Jan 2016, 22:05

I think his hamster will be sad if he can sell it:

IF... (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121865153296) :)

tentator

29 Jan 2016, 22:07

but this one has really lovely design.. not to mention the font on the caps!!

Designed by Porsche... (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RARE-VI ... 1865153296)

Tuntematon

29 Jan 2016, 22:36

Blaise170 wrote:
Ha I'm sure some poor soul on the forums would be more than happy to give theirs away. It's only marginally better as a switch than Keytronic foam and foil. I've had both and had to toss them because I couldn't get rid of them. :lol:
I'd like to try the Fujitsu but I don't want to pay the $15 - $20 it would take to get one. I love how it's the only switch that makes a claim to greatness in its very name, yet it's almost universally hated.

Chyros

29 Jan 2016, 22:58

Tuntematon wrote:
Blaise170 wrote:
I'd like to try the Fujitsu but I don't want to pay the $15 - $20 it would take to get one. I love how it's the only switch that makes a claim to greatness in its very name, yet it's almost universally hated.
In truth it's certainly not the worst I've tried, the normal keys are okay. Nothing great, but not really on the same order of magnitude as Key Tronic foam and foil, which is decidedly among the worst switches I've ever tried. The stabilised keys on Peerless boards are so bad though that they're all but unusable, bad enough to ruin the whole board overall.

ohaimark
Kingpin

29 Jan 2016, 23:44

snuci
Vintage computer guy

29 Jan 2016, 23:51

tigpha wrote: "ULTRA RARE VINTAGE INTERTEC SUPERBRAIN QD COMPUTER"

So rare that there are two simultaneously offered today:
Fantastic project indeed!
They are awesome computers (I have two) but they are not THAT awesome :) The key caps are also ABS :(

snuci
Vintage computer guy

29 Jan 2016, 23:54

bazh wrote: I didn't even know those trackball numpad even exist ._.
It's not made by Apple. if you look closely, the logo is different but it does look pretty close to a numeric key pad design with a trackball in it.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

30 Jan 2016, 00:02

tentator wrote: but this one has really lovely design.. not to mention the font on the caps!!

Designed by Porsche...
I was very close to buying one here in North America (they are rarer here) but that fell through. It is an urban legend but it was NOT actually designed by Porsche, in case you were wondering. It IS still on my "want list" though...

Hak Foo

30 Jan 2016, 03:20

tigpha wrote: A couple of curious looking boards, States side. Transport costs prohibitive to the U.K. Can anyone identify what these consist of?
I'm pretty sure the AT&T is for their 6300 PC, which was a rebadged Olivetti M24,, so I'd expect it to be comparable to other similar-vintage Olivetti boards in construction. I think it uses a non-PC-like DB-9 connector.

Compgeke

30 Jan 2016, 03:52

That it is. I used to have the exact board and it came with my PC-6300.

bazh

30 Jan 2016, 11:24

snuci wrote:
tentator wrote: but this one has really lovely design.. not to mention the font on the caps!!

Designed by Porsche...
I was very close to buying one here in North America (they are rarer here) but that fell through. It is an urban legend but it was NOT actually designed by Porsche, in case you were wondering. It IS still on my "want list" though...
Not sure with everyone but I can't stand those "Porsche design" font though, just terrible.

Muirium
µ

30 Jan 2016, 11:29

Porsche? Where?

Note the date on the screen. Looks like this guy's been trying to sell at too high a price for several years now, still waiting for his lucky fool…

katushkin

30 Jan 2016, 12:32

tigpha wrote: Two "Vintage Dolchi Early Luggable Laptops" Two "Dolchi", only one keyboard.
I need these so bad...

HzFaq

30 Jan 2016, 16:00

If it's just the computer you're after, I have one you can have. I think we may have spoken about it before actually...It weights about 10kg so would probably be like £15 through myhermes or something. If you're still interested I could get some quotes for you.

katushkin

30 Jan 2016, 16:44

HzFaq wrote: If it's just the computer you're after, I have one you can have. I think we may have spoken about it before actually...It weights about 10kg so would probably be like £15 through myhermes or something. If you're still interested I could get some quotes for you.
We have spoken about it before, I was just hoping to get one with a keyboard too, but if I can't get a hold of these, I will definitely take you up on that offer.

ohaimark
Kingpin

30 Jan 2016, 17:04

Cheap Wang for you. Buy now for great justice. 28 dollar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wang-Co ... 1963292778

Return to “Other external”