Great/Interesting Finds

User avatar
ddrfraser1

19 Dec 2020, 00:08

Holy shit!
Aren’t these cherry MY or something?

John Doe

19 Dec 2020, 00:32

$1400? thats a beamer's price even.

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

19 Dec 2020, 01:42

Actually I think the keycaps are dyesub, I have one but unfortunately I'm missing a CTRL key :cry:

Jan Pospisil

19 Dec 2020, 11:20

An Omnikey for a "cool" price. (also it's dusty and pick up only)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/121793308628?ul_noapp=true

What a deal!

MMcM

20 Dec 2020, 21:51

catlady195 wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 22:44
As for the logo there were definitely variations since the one rayndalf recieved had gold lettering and mine was unpainted, but mine also had pencil markings filling all the letters probably from some bored kid studying in 1988, so that may also be why the a was filled on yours.
Looking more closely, there are remnants of some gold / orangish paint on the capital G. So I guess most of it was painted at one time.
catlady195 wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 22:44
If you crack the code (or lack thereof) on the protocol make sure to keep us updated. I'd love to get this board up and running but with my skills it would probably end up being a fire hazard that only works 40% of the time
Okay, sure. I traced out the circuit. See this new post in the Workshop forum.

catlady195

21 Dec 2020, 00:15

MMcM wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 21:51

Looking more closely, there are remnants of some gold / orangish paint on the capital G. So I guess most of it was painted at one time.
Huh, I suppose mine was probably gold at one time then, too. Any trace of the paint has worn away over the years, though, sadly.

User avatar
ekeppel

21 Dec 2020, 00:19

Very nice looking IBM 5110 for $1250 and free shipping. Seller says it works, and the photos show it powered up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284122001965

Jan Pospisil

21 Dec 2020, 10:03


User avatar
hellothere

22 Dec 2020, 02:46

Interesting: KME "smushed" case. While the switches are similar to SMK 2nd gen, I think they're something else.
Spoiler:
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg (78.23 KiB) Viewed 1312 times

User avatar
Polecat

22 Dec 2020, 17:14

hellothere wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 02:46
Interesting: KME "smushed" case. While the switches are similar to SMK 2nd gen, I think they're something else.
KPT clones I think:

wiki/KPT-like_switch

wiki/Podworld_292

John Doe

23 Dec 2020, 03:45


User avatar
hellothere

23 Dec 2020, 20:01

Polecat wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 17:14
hellothere wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 02:46
Interesting: KME "smushed" case. While the switches are similar to SMK 2nd gen, I think they're something else.
KPT clones I think:

wiki/KPT-like_switch

wiki/Podworld_292
Nice work finding those. I might research these a bit more to see if anyone actually likes them.

Jan Pospisil

24 Dec 2020, 12:32

Oh damn, I've never seen one of these before. A 386 (?) in a keyboard?! Anyone know what switches it has?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-K ... 3866843371

kelvinhall05

24 Dec 2020, 14:05

Jan Pospisil wrote:
24 Dec 2020, 12:32
Oh damn, I've never seen one of these before. A 386 (?) in a keyboard?! Anyone know what switches it has?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-K ... 3866843371
White Alps. I also really want one but they are too expensive imo

MMcM

25 Dec 2020, 03:34

Kroy 80K. Cherry foam and foil.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193820471560

Jan Pospisil

25 Dec 2020, 10:55

Philips P5020 keyboard in the Czech Republic:
(it looks like a cool big all-metal thing, but the cord is stripped and it's a bit too old for me. 45ish USD)

https://pc.bazos.cz/inzerat/129228160/p ... -p5020.php

John Doe

27 Dec 2020, 16:46

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274587913745

NOS Bigfoot for $299, there's the make offer button as well.

User avatar
digital_matthew

27 Dec 2020, 18:05

John Doe wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 16:46
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274587913745

NOS Bigfoot for $299, there's the make offer button as well.
Weird that it has a Lexmark Model M sticker on the back.

User avatar
Weezer

27 Dec 2020, 18:08

digital_matthew wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:05
John Doe wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 16:46
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274587913745

NOS Bigfoot for $299, there's the make offer button as well.
Weird that it has a Lexmark Model M sticker on the back.
Lexmark sold these NOS as late as last year black friday, as well as repaired many under warranty in the 90's.

User avatar
JP!

27 Dec 2020, 18:11

digital_matthew wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:05
Weird that it has a Lexmark Model M sticker on the back.
Pretty common with Lexmark refurbed units. This even happened with refurbed F122's.

User avatar
zrrion

27 Dec 2020, 18:49

that looks like a flip from the black friday sale. Guess the seller likes money more than they like the XT layout

Rayndalf

27 Dec 2020, 23:07

zrrion wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:49
that looks like a flip from the black friday sale. Guess the seller likes money more than they like the XT layout
Surely that describes most people?

I'm not surprised that an F AT costs more than an F XT, but a seeing a NOS Bigfoot for less than a well used F AT is sad.

Jan Pospisil

27 Dec 2020, 23:26

The listing also says it's not functional, that might be one reason for the price.
(it's Soarer's converted, but seller claims it inputs nonsense)

User avatar
zrrion

28 Dec 2020, 00:55

I suspect that the seller doesn't know the difference between soarers converter and soarers controller if it doesn't work. That or they have incorrectly wired the converter. The documentation for setting up soarers controller to work as a bigfoot converter is not the clearest so that is not too unreasonable to assume. That or it is a grounding issue.

Whatever the issue it should be an easy fix.

User avatar
digital_matthew

28 Dec 2020, 02:00

Weezer wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:08
digital_matthew wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:05
John Doe wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 16:46
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274587913745

NOS Bigfoot for $299, there's the make offer button as well.
Weird that it has a Lexmark Model M sticker on the back.
Lexmark sold these NOS as late as last year black friday, as well as repaired many under warranty in the 90's.
You're right of course; it even has the proper part number. I was just thrown by the "Model M" part. I didn't know if there was a weird membrane variant.

User avatar
hellothere

28 Dec 2020, 21:57

Syncomp-badged Strongman KB-8861. $15 + $35 shipping (to me in the CONUS, at least). Arabic (I think) red legends with normal Roman letters in black. Wiki says it can have Cherry MX black or Alps SKBM grey.

It might be something interesting.

User avatar
Polecat

29 Dec 2020, 04:10

hellothere wrote:
28 Dec 2020, 21:57
Syncomp-badged Strongman KB-8861. $15 + $35 shipping (to me in the CONUS, at least). Arabic (I think) red legends with normal Roman letters in black. Wiki says it can have Cherry MX black or Alps SKBM grey.

It might be something interesting.
That ebay seller usually shows the switch type. I'm surprised they didn't on this one. Strongman was somehow affiliated with Datacomp. I have several Datacomp boards with a KB-8851/SMK-8851 Strongman ID, and 4 tab clone switches. This Syncomp appears to be from 1994 or so, and could have the clone switches. The caps look to me like Alps, they're probably not MX. Remote chance of Futaba MA. Here's an old discussion about the Datacomp/Strongman keyboards and switches. Note that I've since confirmed that the 1x mold number unbranded switches on earlier Datacomps are indeed SKCM, maybe Alps or maybe someone who bought the early SKCM Alps tooling.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17341
Last edited by Polecat on 29 Dec 2020, 05:12, edited 2 times in total.

John Doe

29 Dec 2020, 04:20

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184599329487/

I don't hope you guys miss this.

User avatar
hellothere

29 Dec 2020, 19:47

John Doe wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 04:20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184599329487/

I don't hope you guys miss this.
Three Model Fs in fair condition. Current bid $91. $45 for cheap shipping (CONUS). I checked and that's not overpriced.

Rayndalf

29 Dec 2020, 19:58

Polecat wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 04:10
hellothere wrote:
28 Dec 2020, 21:57
Syncomp-badged Strongman KB-8861. $15 + $35 shipping (to me in the CONUS, at least). Arabic (I think) red legends with normal Roman letters in black. Wiki says it can have Cherry MX black or Alps SKBM grey.

It might be something interesting.
That ebay seller usually shows the switch type. I'm surprised they didn't on this one. Strongman was somehow affiliated with Datacomp. I have several Datacomp boards with a KB-8851/SMK-8851 Strongman ID, and 4 tab clone switches. This Syncomp appears to be from 1994 or so, and could have the clone switches. The caps look to me like Alps, they're probably not MX. Remote chance of Futaba MA. Here's an old discussion about the Datacomp/Strongman keyboards and switches. Note that I've since confirmed that the 1x mold number unbranded switches on earlier Datacomps are indeed SKCM, maybe Alps or maybe someone who bought the early SKCM Alps tooling.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17341
Alright fine... I thought I didn't need anymore random fullsizes, but I'll be sure to let everyone know what switches it has.

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”