Great/Interesting Finds

RougeRambo

Great/Interesting Finds

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 01:19

Lets get one of these going
im to poor to buy most things but here are some i found today

- Please try to keep it civil and avoid stacking up high bids/getting in bidding wars with fellow members.
- perhaps consider telling someone who may be interested in an item via pm, before posting here, or asking if they have seen it.
- use ya head
Last edited by RougeRambo on 02 May 2013, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 01:19

IBM model F - capacitive buckling springs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBM-PC-Comput ... 589f57eac7

NTC KB-6251EA - Fake cherries i think
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Compu ... 4d0c1704eb

Dell AT102 - black alps
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Dell- ... 257d546e7f

Cherry G81-3000L - cherry MY with PBT caps - worth it for caps alone
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Cherr ... 5d3c50e1ee

KEYBOARD ACER 6512 B - Clicky acer switches
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-KEYBO ... 4ac414c3cd


bonus one:
think its dome but unsure
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Onleader-Tech ... 27cdb3d9ac

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 01:39

space unsaver and loads more
but its USA :@
http://www.recycledgoods.com/category/33963

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

Unread post by webwit » 02 May 2013, 01:54

The NTC smells like fake Alps.

User avatar
ne0phyte
Toast.

Unread post by ne0phyte » 02 May 2013, 02:03

RougeRambo wrote:space unsaver and loads more
but its USA :@
http://www.recycledgoods.com/category/33963
That thing looks weird but totally awesome http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/16 ... l-keyboard
Why is it $120 D:

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 02:10

ne0phyte wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:space unsaver and loads more but its USA :@ http://www.recycledgoods.com/category/33963
That thing looks weird but totally awesome http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/16 ... l-keyboard Why is it $120 D:


yeah i saw that looks crazy heres from what i posted on GH

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43062.msg875610
RougeRambo wrote:
RougrR wrote:http://www.recycledgoods.com/category/33963
known about this for a while, likely posted before..but lots of mechanicals here, im uk so shipping is a joke...so here ya go

8x wyse 840059-01 mx black, double shots (i think)
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/86 ... 350-din-10

8x more
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/15 ... yse-75/350

4x 5150 83-Key XT Personal Computer Keyboard model f
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/10 ... r-keyboard

IBM terminal model m x3
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/77 ... 2-series-m

IBM model m x 8
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/77 ... t-keyboard

Honeywell x 23
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/16 ... t13-8e-1-j

1x model f 6052101
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/18 ... board-3187

1x NMB 121228-101 space invaders
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/20 ... 856tw23066

g80-8113 mx brown x3, overpriced.
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/28 ... ad-mx-8100

Dell at101 x 2 also overpriced a bit
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/35 ... 1-gyum97sk

****ing industrial beast with trackball x1
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/39 ... iant-mouse

Honeywell 101RX43S-2E-J AT Keyboard Clicky 101RXe x1
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/28 ... cky-101rxe
Honeywell AT 122-Key Keyboard - 122ST13-38E-1 x1
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/23 ... st13-38e-1

BOS 1369969 IBM Style 122 Key Keyboard Model M x8
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/20 ... rd-model-m

Theres more in there if you look, also some of what i posted may be wrong i did it quickly

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 02:16

webwit wrote:The NTC smells like fake Alps.
/me stares into the big burning keycap in the sky
Lieutenant David Kilgour wrote: I love the smell of fake alps in the morning
Last edited by RougeRambo on 02 May 2013, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ne0phyte
Toast.

Unread post by ne0phyte » 02 May 2013, 02:17

$33.35 for a Model M is really cheap, isn't it? (provided that you live in the USA)

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 02:17

ne0phyte wrote:$33.35 for a Model M is really cheap, isn't it? (provided that you live in the USA)
yeah its pretty damn cheap, if you are in the USofA and want one thats a good place to go for it.

User avatar
ne0phyte
Toast.

Unread post by ne0phyte » 02 May 2013, 02:20

I would love to get an ANSI Model M but I live in Germany. It would be $90 with shipping - 70 Euro. Not even close to the awesome deal this is for US people :P
Last edited by ne0phyte on 02 May 2013, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 02:20

http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/17 ... l-keyboard
model f space unsaver x5

forgot to post it

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 02 May 2013, 02:21

ne0phyte wrote:I would love to get a ANSI Model M but I live in Germany. It would be $90 with shipping - 70 Euro. Not even close to the awesome deal this is for US people :P
yeah agreed, normally i think this thread should stick to EU, or cheap US shipping. but this was a large load and there are some US members

User avatar
Halvar

Unread post by Halvar » 02 May 2013, 08:50

ne0phyte wrote: That thing looks weird but totally awesome http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/16 ... l-keyboard
Why is it $120 D:
Watch this, tenkeyless users ... :D

gunnish

Unread post by gunnish » 02 May 2013, 10:46

RougeRambo wrote:keyboards from ebay.co.uk
And he doesn't ship outside of the UK. Too common this problem.

User avatar
ne0phyte
Toast.

Unread post by ne0phyte » 02 May 2013, 10:57

Last edited by ne0phyte on 02 May 2013, 18:57, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
dirge

Unread post by dirge » 02 May 2013, 14:44

gunnish wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:keyboards from ebay.co.uk
And he doesn't ship outside of the UK. Too common this problem.
Normally people around that can help you out with that.

JBert

Unread post by JBert » 02 May 2013, 15:54

Actually, I've had some luck contacting the seller if he could ship the item to me anyway. Either they'll reply with no, or they change the country list or add your account to the "allowed list".

gunnish

Unread post by gunnish » 02 May 2013, 18:26

dirge wrote:
gunnish wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:keyboards from ebay.co.uk
And he doesn't ship outside of the UK. Too common this problem.
Normally people around that can help you out with that.
Yes that is true, but making the shipping a two step process making it much more expensive and therefore it might not be such a good deal in the end.
JBert wrote:Actually, I've had some luck contacting the seller if he could ship the item to me anyway. Either they'll reply with no, or they change the country list or add your account to the "allowed list".
This seller explicitly states that he doesn't ship internationally.

domin8r

Unread post by domin8r » 03 May 2013, 10:06

[Marktplaats] http://link.marktplaats.nl/672552100 Old Alps keyboard (asked the seller to check the back and he said it's an Alps)

User avatar
dirge

Unread post by dirge » 03 May 2013, 10:09

gunnish wrote: Yes that is true, but making the shipping a two step process making it much more expensive and therefore it might not be such a good deal in the end.
Your right, but that can be offset by getting more than one item. Long as your proxy doesn't mind holding onto stuff.

gunnish

Unread post by gunnish » 03 May 2013, 14:18

dirge wrote: Your right, but that can be offset by getting more than one item. Long as your proxy doesn't mind holding onto stuff.
Hadn't thought of a buffered proxy, thanks for the thought.
domin8r wrote:[Marktplaats] http://link.marktplaats.nl/672552100 Old Alps keyboard (asked the seller to check the back and he said it's an Alps)
Can you sell us about what keyboard it is, what did the back say? Also how much is the shipping? Can you proxy if needed?


I would like this one http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/77 ... t-keyboard

Can someone proxy for me? Can shipping from the US be cheap? I don't care if the shipping take months.

Greystoke

Unread post by Greystoke » 03 May 2013, 14:56

gunnish wrote:
dirge wrote: Your right, but that can be offset by getting more than one item. Long as your proxy doesn't mind holding onto stuff.
Hadn't thought of a buffered proxy, thanks for the thought.
domin8r wrote:[Marktplaats] http://link.marktplaats.nl/672552100 Old Alps keyboard (asked the seller to check the back and he said it's an Alps)
Can you sell us about what keyboard it is, what did the back say? Also how much is the shipping? Can you proxy if needed?


I would like this one http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/77 ... t-keyboard

Can someone proxy for me? Can shipping from the US be cheap? I don't care if the shipping take months.
I don't think you need a proxy, the ad states they do have offer international shipping.

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 03 May 2013, 15:57

gunnish wrote:
dirge wrote: Your right, but that can be offset by getting more than one item. Long as your proxy doesn't mind holding onto stuff.
Hadn't thought of a buffered proxy, thanks for the thought.
domin8r wrote:[Marktplaats] http://link.marktplaats.nl/672552100 Old Alps keyboard (asked the seller to check the back and he said it's an Alps)
Can you sell us about what keyboard it is, what did the back say? Also how much is the shipping? Can you proxy if needed?


I would like this one http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/77 ... t-keyboard

Can someone proxy for me? Can shipping from the US be cheap? I don't care if the shipping take months.

will cost around 60USd for most.

User avatar
Kurk

Unread post by Kurk » 03 May 2013, 21:14

Cherry G81, German layout, probably with double shots. Are those Cherry A-profile caps in the modifier row?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/230972600658?ssP ... 1438.l2649

IvanIvanovich

Unread post by IvanIvanovich » 03 May 2013, 22:15

Yes the Highscreen branded ones nearly always have A profile keys as far as I have seen.

International shipping from USA gets atrocious once you break the 3lbs 14oz mark. Model M weighs about twice that.

User avatar
Peter

Unread post by Peter » 03 May 2013, 22:28

You ask why we don't have such a thread when GH has :
That's because having such a thread almost certainly results in FUBAR-prices,
unless the item is only desirable to less than a handful of people .
( I believe I have proven that point ! )
In fact, ANY public discussion of an auction can influence final pricing !
Even Buy-it-Now prices can be manipulated by public discussion,
ESPECIALLY if the seller knows about our club-websites !!

I'm not saying we shouldn't share good online-finds at all -
But next time you see two NIB ESA-3000 HASRO for 79.95€ ..
Don't tell anyone, just press 'Buy Now' .. And you will get the remaining 8 for 79,95 as well !

RougeRambo

Unread post by RougeRambo » 04 May 2013, 00:55

maybe limit to things which are BIN or a bulk of items, or special deals, or not that rare?

domin8r

Unread post by domin8r » 04 May 2013, 13:09

Peter wrote:You ask why we don't have such a thread when GH has :
That's because having such a thread almost certainly results in FUBAR-prices,
unless the item is only desirable to less than a handful of people .
( I believe I have proven that point ! )
In fact, ANY public discussion of an auction can influence final pricing !
Even Buy-it-Now prices can be manipulated by public discussion,
ESPECIALLY if the seller knows about our club-websites !!

I'm not saying we shouldn't share good online-finds at all -
But next time you see two NIB ESA-3000 HASRO for 79.95€ ..
Don't tell anyone, just press 'Buy Now' .. And you will get the remaining 8 for 79,95 as well !
Well often I see things that are a nice find, but I just don't want or need. So it's a good thing to pass it on to the fellow deskthorians :)

User avatar
Muirium
µ

Unread post by Muirium » 04 May 2013, 13:15

Yup. Free flow of information is the key to any free market. Prices might get "FUBAR", but only because someone is willing to actually pay that. The only thing that secrecy encourages is that naive sellers get ripped off. That may be a bargain for us, but it's not a right or healthy to the whole business of trading keyboards.

User avatar
Halvar

Unread post by Halvar » 04 May 2013, 13:44

In the end, people who spend time scanning ebay for hidden gems will lose from this, while people that just camp/lurk on this thread will profit. As will sellers.

Also from my experience from my own forum (not keyboard related), about 80 to 90% of people who read forum threads are not even registered in the forum. So for every "deskthorian" reading this thread, five to ten "guests" will read it.

I understand people like to share good finds that they don't need themselves, and I myself do like to share, too, but on the other hand, I wouldn't really like to see those of my finds that do interest me posted by others in this thread. So I'll probably not share a lot.
Last edited by Halvar on 04 May 2013, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”