IBM 4704 F62 Kishsaver Keyboard Model F- and - IBM 4704 F50

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

23 Jun 2019, 14:30

depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 13:39
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 05:43

And because the selling price is already more than I expected, I plan on donating part of the sales to the scholarship in smallfry's name. So please, bid your heart out and round out your Model F collection.
Beyond my budget already - short-lived dream was short-lived. :(

GLWA! I hope the F50 does end up in the hand of some other guy that will want to put it to good use. (while I cry in the corner and stuff)
If I'm being honest, I think it will go to a collector where it will sit on a shelf or in a box. It probably will not be put to use.

That's the state of things with some of these old IBMs, however. I had a Kishsaver as well and I sold it when I decided that it was too frustrating to use as an every day keyboard and too big and heavy to use as a travel keyboard (obviously). I would rather sell it to fund some keyboards that I would actually use. I could have held onto it for a couple years and sold it for many times what I did. Oh well. These are only keyboards. There is more to life.

The one keyboard I do miss is the F122 that I had revived and restored. That thing was a joy to use and had a key for everything without having to bury keycodes in layers. I sold it because it was simply too big and unwieldy but now I think that I can live with it. Luckily, those are still floating around for somewhat affordable prices and I can relive that dream.

User avatar
fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Jun 2019, 15:09

vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

but now I think that I can live with it.
There is nothing like the IBM Model F 122-key terminal, but Cindy has a very nice NMB black clicky Space Invaders 122-key (didn't you buy one of those from me a few years ago?) that could be spectacular and also much lighter in weight. Native PS/2 also, as I remember.

Wazrach

23 Jun 2019, 15:16

fohat wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:09
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

but now I think that I can live with it.
There is nothing like the IBM Model F 122-key terminal, but Cindy has a very nice NMB black clicky Space Invaders 122-key (didn't you buy one of those from me a few years ago?) that could be spectacular and also much lighter in weight. Native PS/2 also, as I remember.
I saw that, it looks lovely. I much prefer the Battleship version though.

User avatar
depletedvespene

23 Jun 2019, 15:36

vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

The one keyboard I do miss is the F122 that I had revived and restored. That thing was a joy to use and had a key for everything without having to bury keycodes in layers. I sold it because it was simply too big and unwieldy but now I think that I can live with it. Luckily, those are still floating around for somewhat affordable prices and I can relive that dream.
Would it be TOO MUCH of an insult to offer a 1-on-1 trade of the F50 for an M122? :mrgreen: Or TWO M122 units, even? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jun 2019, 15:50

depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:36
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

The one keyboard I do miss is the F122 that I had revived and restored. That thing was a joy to use and had a key for everything without having to bury keycodes in layers. I sold it because it was simply too big and unwieldy but now I think that I can live with it. Luckily, those are still floating around for somewhat affordable prices and I can relive that dream.
Would it be TOO MUCH of an insult to offer a 1-on-1 trade of the F50 for an M122? :mrgreen: Or TWO M122 units, even? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have NIB ones :P

User avatar
depletedvespene

23 Jun 2019, 15:52

Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:50
depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:36
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

The one keyboard I do miss is the F122 that I had revived and restored. That thing was a joy to use and had a key for everything without having to bury keycodes in layers. I sold it because it was simply too big and unwieldy but now I think that I can live with it. Luckily, those are still floating around for somewhat affordable prices and I can relive that dream.
Would it be TOO MUCH of an insult to offer a 1-on-1 trade of the F50 for an M122? :mrgreen: Or TWO M122 units, even? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have NIB ones :P
Shut up! Don't screw up my chance of getting this keypad!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jun 2019, 15:55

depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:52
Shut up! Don't screw up my chance of getting this keypad!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We could cut it in half and share it :roll:

User avatar
depletedvespene

23 Jun 2019, 16:06

Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:55
depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:52
Shut up! Don't screw up my chance of getting this keypad!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We could cut it in half and share it :roll:
There is no 'F' in "Solomon". :cry:

Wazrach

23 Jun 2019, 16:18

Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:55
depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:52
Shut up! Don't screw up my chance of getting this keypad!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We could cut it in half and share it :roll:
Are your NIB M122s the old ones with the two-stage feet?

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jun 2019, 16:55

Wazrach wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 16:18
Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:55
depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:52
Shut up! Don't screw up my chance of getting this keypad!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We could cut it in half and share it :roll:
Are your NIB M122s the old ones with the two-stage feet?
No, that makes me think its an F122 and when you realize its an M its kind of a smack to the face.

User avatar
zazxyz

23 Jun 2019, 18:28

Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:50
depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:36
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

The one keyboard I do miss is the F122 that I had revived and restored. That thing was a joy to use and had a key for everything without having to bury keycodes in layers. I sold it because it was simply too big and unwieldy but now I think that I can live with it. Luckily, those are still floating around for somewhat affordable prices and I can relive that dream.
Would it be TOO MUCH of an insult to offer a 1-on-1 trade of the F50 for an M122? :mrgreen: Or TWO M122 units, even? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have NIB ones :P
Those would fetch for a high price.

User avatar
fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Jun 2019, 20:56

zazxyz wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 18:28

Those would fetch for a high price.
I doubt it. M-122s can be bought new from Unicomp for around $100, and in black, and native USB without need for converters.

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jun 2019, 21:25

fohat wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 20:56
I doubt it. M-122s can be bought new from Unicomp for around $100, and in black, and native USB without need for converters.
The ones I have are way better than Unicomp's ones because the tooling and molds of IBM were far superior. They are also somewhat rare Lynk rebrands. I'm not gonna sell them for any more than $100 though 8-)

User avatar
zazxyz

24 Jun 2019, 00:25

Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 21:25
fohat wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 20:56
I doubt it. M-122s can be bought new from Unicomp for around $100, and in black, and native USB without need for converters.
The ones I have are way better than Unicomp's ones because the tooling and molds of IBM were far superior. They are also somewhat rare Lynk rebrands. I'm not gonna sell them for any more than $100 though 8-)
I was thinking $10,000

User avatar
depletedvespene

24 Jun 2019, 00:26

zazxyz wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 00:25

I was thinking $10,000
Well, of course you were.

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

24 Jun 2019, 02:41

fohat wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:09
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

but now I think that I can live with it.
There is nothing like the IBM Model F 122-key terminal, but Cindy has a very nice NMB black clicky Space Invaders 122-key (didn't you buy one of those from me a few years ago?) that could be spectacular and also much lighter in weight. Native PS/2 also, as I remember.
I think you have me mixed up with someone else because I never bought a Space Invaders. I might have bought a F122 from you. But not sure. Only downside of the F122 is the top case is quite brittle. Always seems to be broken on the ones that pop up for sale.

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

24 Jun 2019, 03:12

depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 15:36
vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 14:30

The one keyboard I do miss is the F122 that I had revived and restored. That thing was a joy to use and had a key for everything without having to bury keycodes in layers. I sold it because it was simply too big and unwieldy but now I think that I can live with it. Luckily, those are still floating around for somewhat affordable prices and I can relive that dream.
Would it be TOO MUCH of an insult to offer a 1-on-1 trade of the F50 for an M122? :mrgreen: Or TWO M122 units, even? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LOL. No.

Wazrach

24 Jun 2019, 11:47

BTW OP, as if the price wasn't already audacious for something that doesn't work, your keyboard has the same spongy sound as mine do when the barrels aren't seated properly. It sounds thwacky and weak.

User avatar
zazxyz

24 Jun 2019, 12:50

Wazrach wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 11:47
BTW OP, as if the price wasn't already audacious for something that doesn't work, your keyboard has the same spongy sound as mine do when the barrels aren't seated properly. It sounds thwacky and weak.

User avatar
zazxyz

26 Jun 2019, 22:58

cmoooooooooooooooooooooon

Where are your shekels.

User avatar
zrrion

27 Jun 2019, 03:17

In the pockets of people whos posts aren't annoying?

User avatar
zazxyz

27 Jun 2019, 07:25

zrrion wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 03:17
In the pockets of people whos posts aren't annoying?
Back to the soup kitchen with you

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

28 Jun 2019, 03:28

Sold for $355. Good luck getting $3000.

FFburger75

25 Sep 2019, 09:35

zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47
IBM 4704 F62 Kishsaver Keyboard Model F - Vintage - RARE - xwhatsit USB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746234748

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126


---
Mind you the price is a placeholder and I am looking to see what is offered and I will lower price accordingly.

Although I would not be complaining if someone bought it outright.
The price is just a placeholder although you've tried to sell it twice for a pathetic price that is nothing more than greed?
It's funny though, there was a gypo trader on eBay UK trying to sell an untested Model M for £699 that in he description stated: "I won't take PayPal or lower the price, you come and give me cash and then go away, END OF! Oh and don't moan about the price, if people buy Pokemon cards for thousands then I can make what I want!"
Sounds familiar, is he your uncle or something?

User avatar
wobbled

25 Sep 2019, 10:00

It's funny how Duul got this keyboard through deskthority for a VERY good deal. I was sending out offers at the same time, but for some reason the original owner sold to this troll whos ONLY interests are:
- Showing Off
- Making money.

This community really has it's fair share of a holes.

Post Reply

Return to “eBay”