IBM 4704 F62 Kishsaver Keyboard Model F- and - IBM 4704 F50

User avatar
zazxyz

21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F62 Kishsaver Keyboard Model F - Vintage - RARE - xwhatsit USB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746234748

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126


---
Mind you the price is a placeholder and I am looking to see what is offered and I will lower price accordingly.

Although I would not be complaining if someone bought it outright.

User avatar
Khers

21 Jun 2019, 14:28

Nice keyboard, Mr Duul. The price is laughable, but you seem aware of that.

Sorry to see my very generous, for a broken keyboard in need of some serious work, bids auto rejected.

User avatar
depletedvespene

21 Jun 2019, 14:31

Khers wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 14:28
Nice keyboard, Mr Duul. The price is laughable, but you seem aware of that.
I suspected zazxyz was indeed Mr. Duul. I gotta ask, why go to all the trouble of making a new account and behaving as if you were a newbie (like posting the ebay auction on the "great/interesting finds" thread) if sooner rather than later your unique keyboards (like this very kishsaver) would out you?

Shihatsu

21 Jun 2019, 16:35

Hurry up, sell your Kishy before prices start to crumble because of Ellipse.

User avatar
User101

21 Jun 2019, 16:36

It was listed for 8000 but now he changed it to 10 grand. I dont know what to say.

User avatar
depletedvespene

21 Jun 2019, 16:38

User101 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:36
It was listed for 8000 but now he changed it to 10 grand. I dont know what to say.
Change it from 10000 USD to 10000 CLP and I'll happily buy it. :mrgreen:

User avatar
User101

21 Jun 2019, 16:44

depletedvespene wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:38
User101 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:36
It was listed for 8000 but now he changed it to 10 grand. I dont know what to say.
Change it from 10000 USD to 10000 CLP and I'll happily buy it. :mrgreen:
How about 10000 VND, even better.

User avatar
depletedvespene

21 Jun 2019, 16:47

User101 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:44
depletedvespene wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:38
User101 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:36
It was listed for 8000 but now he changed it to 10 grand. I dont know what to say.
Change it from 10000 USD to 10000 CLP and I'll happily buy it. :mrgreen:
How about 10000 VND, even better.
Probably, but I DO have a 10.000 CLP banknote in my pocket right now. :mrgreen:

User avatar
User101

21 Jun 2019, 16:54

depletedvespene wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:47
User101 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:44
depletedvespene wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:38


Change it from 10000 USD to 10000 CLP and I'll happily buy it. :mrgreen:
How about 10000 VND, even better.
Probably, but I DO have a 10.000 CLP banknote in my pocket right now. :mrgreen:

That's a whole lot dude! Go get that kishy! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Coco

21 Jun 2019, 17:31

Shihatsu wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:35
Hurry up, sell your Kishy before prices start to crumble because of Ellipse.
Ah, good ol depreciation in value.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

21 Jun 2019, 17:58

depletedvespene wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 14:31
I suspected zazxyz was indeed Mr. Duul. I gotta ask, why go to all the trouble of making a new account and behaving as if you were a newbie (like posting the ebay auction on the "great/interesting finds" thread) if sooner rather than later your unique keyboards (like this very kishsaver) would out you?
I really want to know the answer to this. I cannot understand this.

Also, for anyone actually interested in this board, just buy the ellipse kishy for literally 4% of the cost of this one.

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

21 Jun 2019, 18:04

zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47
IBM 4704 F62 Kishsaver Keyboard Model F - Vintage - RARE - xwhatsit USB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746234748

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126


---
Mind you the price is a placeholder and I am looking to see what is offered and I will lower price accordingly.

Although I would not be complaining if someone bought it outright.
Wow, 10 fucking grand? Come on, thats just greedy.
Would you really want someone to pay you ten grand(the price of a car) for one keyboard? Thanks for inflating prices and making this hobby more expensive for everyone.
This is part of the reason my finds never go to ebay.

User avatar
zazxyz

21 Jun 2019, 20:42

Once again the price is a placeholder, send me an offer that is reasonable for a keyboard of this RARITY.

Given the Symbolics went for $3,000 and APL Unsaver went for $2,000.
You can't even convert a Symbolics to USB. you just LOOK at it. It's a COLLECTORS ITEM.

Yeah I think a kishsaver is a relic and most were destroyed via banking policies making it an extinct species. There hasn't been one on Ebay in..... forever? I can't seem to find any auction for a Kishsaver.

Also people will pay $50,000 for a piece of cardboard "1st Edition Charizard" which has no function, cannot be played with, goes into a safe.

I really don't think my price is that outrageous compared to ridiculous things out there that go for high values.
Such as CARDBOARD.

https://www.beckett.com/news/1999-pokem ... lls-50000/

User avatar
depletedvespene

21 Jun 2019, 20:44

Yeah, but... why the fake identity, Duul?

User avatar
Damonskv

21 Jun 2019, 20:51

zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 20:42
Once again the price is a placeholder, send me an offer that is reasonable for a keyboard of this RARITY.

Given the Symbolics went for $3,000 and APL Unsaver went for $2,000.
You can't even convert a Symbolics to USB. you just LOOK at it. It's a COLLECTORS ITEM.

Yeah I think a kishsaver is a relic and most were destroyed via banking policies making it an extinct species. There hasn't been one on Ebay in..... forever? I can't seem to find any auction for a Kishsaver.

Also people will pay $50,000 for a piece of cardboard "1st Edition Charizard" which has no function, cannot be played with, goes into a safe.

I really don't think my price is that outrageous compared to ridiculous things out there that go for high values.
Such as CARDBOARD.

https://www.beckett.com/news/1999-pokem ... lls-50000/
This could refer to an item in its original condition and fully functional. As far as we know about your particular one, it was sold inoperable, and possibly not recoverable. Where are the health guarantees, where is any information about how you fixed it? I'm even not talking about the absolutely disgusting quality of painting your keyboard. At best it can in become in one row with the new model from Ellipse. Ruined as collectible item.

User avatar
zazxyz

21 Jun 2019, 21:05

To be honest I really don't know why the original owner of the keyboard painted the keyboard.

That was not a good idea. I would have to get the information from the person that sold it to me, from what i know they fiddled with the voltages and thought the main issue was the foam which is why certain keys do not register. This is false as I tested the board without the foam and same issue happened.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

21 Jun 2019, 21:22

zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 20:42
...
Also people will pay $50,000 for a piece of cardboard "1st Edition Charizard" which has no function, cannot be played with, goes into a safe.

I really don't think my price is that outrageous compared to ridiculous things out there that go for high values.
Such as CARDBOARD.

https://www.beckett.com/news/1999-pokem ... lls-50000/
>uses isolated incident as justification

can this be a meme?

zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:05
I would have to get the information from the person that sold it to me, from what i know they fiddled with the voltages and thought the main issue was the foam which is why certain keys do not register. This is false as I tested the board without the foam and same issue happened.
wait, it doesn't even work?

User avatar
Dingster

21 Jun 2019, 21:27

Read the description gains, it actually, for real, doesnt work :lol:

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

21 Jun 2019, 21:47

Image
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:05
To be honest I really don't know why the original owner of the keyboard painted the keyboard.

That was not a good idea.
🧐

User avatar
zazxyz

22 Jun 2019, 00:53

//gainsborough wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:47
Image
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:05
To be honest I really don't know why the original owner of the keyboard painted the keyboard.

That was not a good idea.
🧐

The paint does look amazing, high gloss. Feels great in your hand.

However painting a kishsaver is not a good idea at all. Or any keyboard body for that matter.

User avatar
zrrion

22 Jun 2019, 01:51

zazxyz wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 00:53
The paint does look amazing...
...painting a kishsaver is not a good idea at all.
🧐

User avatar
zazxyz

22 Jun 2019, 08:48

zrrion wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 01:51
zazxyz wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 00:53
The paint does look amazing...
...painting a kishsaver is not a good idea at all.
🧐
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Coco

23 Jun 2019, 03:29

zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126
Looks like you got some competition, Zazxyz. In less than five days we'll know it's worth. Plus that one has an xwhatsit installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-47 ... SwsltdDrso

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Jun 2019, 04:09

inb4 he bids it up to his placeholder value

User avatar
depletedvespene

23 Jun 2019, 04:13

Coco wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 03:29
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126
Looks like you got some competition, Zazxyz. In less than five days we'll know it's worth. Plus that one has an xwhatsit installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-47 ... SwsltdDrso
... and is described as actually working. By someone who actually DID care for that keypad.

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

23 Jun 2019, 05:43

Coco wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 03:29
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126
Looks like you got some competition, Zazxyz. In less than five days we'll know it's worth. Plus that one has an xwhatsit installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-47 ... SwsltdDrso
Hi, I'm the seller. It works and is well taken care of. I was looking for things to sell in order to fund a new glove purchase for slow-pitch softball. I hadn't used the F50 pretty much ever and figured that I would sell it for something I actually used. Didn't realize the crazy prices people were paying for Model F's these days. Looks like I'll be able to buy that new Made in USA glove I've been lusting after.

And because the selling price is already more than I expected, I plan on donating part of the sales to the scholarship in smallfry's name. So please, bid your heart out and round out your Model F collection.

User avatar
zazxyz

23 Jun 2019, 07:22

depletedvespene wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 04:13
Coco wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 03:29
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126
Looks like you got some competition, Zazxyz. In less than five days we'll know it's worth. Plus that one has an xwhatsit installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-47 ... SwsltdDrso
... and is described as actually working. By someone who actually DID care for that keypad.

What the heck I care about my keypad bro - all i gotta do is install an xwhatsit.

User avatar
zazxyz

23 Jun 2019, 07:22

vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 05:43
Coco wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 03:29
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126
Looks like you got some competition, Zazxyz. In less than five days we'll know it's worth. Plus that one has an xwhatsit installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-47 ... SwsltdDrso
Hi, I'm the seller. It works and is well taken care of. I was looking for things to sell in order to fund a new glove purchase for slow-pitch softball. I hadn't used the F50 pretty much ever and figured that I would sell it for something I actually used. Didn't realize the crazy prices people were paying for Model F's these days. Looks like I'll be able to buy that new Made in USA glove I've been lusting after.

And because the selling price is already more than I expected, I plan on donating part of the sales to the scholarship in smallfry's name. So please, bid your heart out and round out your Model F collection.
mr. nice guy

User avatar
zazxyz

23 Jun 2019, 07:25

Coco wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 03:29
zazxyz wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 11:47

IBM 4704 F50 Keyboard - Macro Board - Vintage - RARE - Model F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163746253126
Looks like you got some competition, Zazxyz. In less than five days we'll know it's worth. Plus that one has an xwhatsit installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-47 ... SwsltdDrso
ooooooh look a tough guy - better put on your boxing gloves

User avatar
depletedvespene

23 Jun 2019, 13:39

vivalarevolución wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 05:43

And because the selling price is already more than I expected, I plan on donating part of the sales to the scholarship in smallfry's name. So please, bid your heart out and round out your Model F collection.
Beyond my budget already - short-lived dream was short-lived. :(

GLWA! I hope the F50 does end up in the hand of some other guy that will want to put it to good use. (while I cry in the corner and stuff)

Post Reply

Return to “eBay”