Another single-switch circuit board

ping

02 Aug 2021, 00:29

Real_ET wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 23:55
What is the purpose of the solder-jumpers on the amoeba?
I am no expert, but I believe it has to do with the LED matrix. There are 4 pads on the LEDs, so I assume it's to make sure the Data line is going the right direction.

Pink being the Data line in the crude wiring diagram I shared previously.
Screenshot_20210801-153107.jpg
Screenshot_20210801-153107.jpg (323.58 KiB) Viewed 268 times
In at the top, out at the right. Jumper points in the direction out.

Real_ET

02 Aug 2021, 13:33

Ah, very true! that makes sense. I wonder if those could be moved closer to the edge pads so when you solder the wire you could just pick a hole to reduce the overall number of soldering operations.

ping

06 Aug 2021, 23:54

Real_ET wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 13:33
Ah, very true! that makes sense. I wonder if those could be moved closer to the edge pads so when you solder the wire you could just pick a hole to reduce the overall number of soldering operations.
That's a pretty good idea. I wouldn't know how to do that (I'd like to learn, but I've got too many projects going on right now :lol: ). But will echo that the solder jumpers are sometimes unreliable, and even worse if you happen to solder some, or the entire board in the wrong direction and have to flip it. (don't ask me how I know...)

Perhaps one of the other designs already has it?, I honestly haven't compared them much since I ordered the King. Maybe another project would be to take the different models and compare the differences for people who find this thread (another project I'll probably never get to :P) . I also wasn't too sure which to order, but decided on the King because it seemed like the "newest" or most recently updated git repo at the time.

Return to “Workshop”