Hyper7 Development

nnc-tlb

16 May 2017, 05:21

blacksimon wrote: I'm loving this, and have taken steps to start making one of my own. The PCB will be completely redesigned by a third party. Is 7bit still interested in this project? if so I should probably have a chat with him to get his blessing
please keep us updated, thanks.

jae-3soteric

20 Oct 2017, 01:34

So I’ve bought one of the hyper 7 kits and am def looking at making a PCB and plate to support. Did anyone ever get that far before? Seems some PCBswere made but no pictures and no finished boards....

cookie

20 Oct 2017, 14:57

So the trend is shifting to keyboards that are usable in a zombie apocalypse again?
I don't know if I like this but I sure respect all the amazing effort you are putting into this :)

Phenix
-p

20 Oct 2017, 15:32

cookie wrote:So the trend is shifting to keyboards that are usable in a zombie apocalypse again?
I don't know if I like this but I sure respect all the amazing effort you are putting into this :)
The nerd seeks for a proper body shield. Most prefer Ms Fs or Beamern as weapon..

zslane

20 Oct 2017, 18:40

cookie wrote: So the trend is shifting to keyboards that are usable in a zombie apocalypse again?
I would hardly call the Hyper7 a trendsetter. After all, it's little more than vaporware at this point.

jae-3soteric

26 Oct 2017, 00:12

zslane wrote:
cookie wrote: So the trend is shifting to keyboards that are usable in a zombie apocalypse again?
I would hardly call the Hyper7 a trendsetter. After all, it's little more than vaporware at this point.
Well, I might have a go once I get the caps. I've got as far as getting a PCB design mocked up and about to be ordered. Case I intend to be just a wooden home made affair with floating keys design. No ideas on a plate yet. working with a small group of others that have done the hard work tho so far. All pending those caps though - when will they ship @7bit?

jae-3soteric

12 Feb 2018, 10:50

__red__

12 Feb 2018, 14:17

How DID you source the caps? I've found them to be unobtainium.

Menuhin

12 Feb 2018, 14:29

jae-3soteric wrote: Not sure if anyone follows this any more but - keyboards-f2/hyper-7-irl-t18258.html#p400113

Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... s_popular/
Dang... your post has 10K upvotes on /r/MK
Posts pass 7K is already rare.

This kit and 7bit's Round 6 (or Round 7) should have a re-run.

jae-3soteric

13 Feb 2018, 19:28

__red__ wrote: How DID you source the caps? I've found them to be unobtainium.

I bought the full set from R6 leftovers last summer

silverdragon

29 Sep 2018, 17:31

I am also looking for Hyper7 caps. But to no avail.

LessthanZero

03 Oct 2018, 19:26

I'm not a big fan of the tiny spacebar. Also if it has a built in trackpoint where are the mouse buttons supposed to go. The logical place would be in front of the spacebar built into the case. The main technical problems are probably gonna be ergonomic, you have such a staggering amount of keys, trying to find the right placement and spacing, row angle is going to be tricky. On the firmware side, do all the keys used on the board have HID codes.
Will Soarers work on this board, how many rows, columns does it support? I've never used Soarers converter but it was made for xt/at right which only used two lines to transmit scancodes. Might be easier to use something else, I would just write my own, its such a cool board it deserves its own firmware.

equalunique

31 Jan 2019, 19:22

Hyper7 kit is part of the DSA Ferrous keyset introduced yesterday on PMK. Will a new run of PCBs be on the horizon?

Link: https://pimpmykeyboard.com/new-dsa-ferrous-keyset/

Professor Fate

11 Apr 2022, 22:50

Good evening,

I'd like to ask whether the Hyper7 keyboard kits are still being produced resp. when the next batch is to become available. What would also interest me, is whether German layout and a longer spacebar are possible. Thank you.

Muirium
µ

12 Apr 2022, 11:09

Good morning,

I think you would find that this project is every bit as moribund as the years suggest.

depletedvespene

20 Mar 2023, 11:26

And yet...

(this ain't an endorsement!)

Muirium
µ

20 Mar 2023, 11:56

Indeed! I remembered 7bit’s Hyper 7 work from 2015 or so, but hadn’t heard of others taking up the heavy baton. Here it is!

Sheepless

20 Mar 2023, 13:26

That video should have a WANING, because it contains SAP brain damage.

Return to “Workshop”