Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

31 Mar 2017, 16:01

Yes please

International Cät:

derzemel

31 Mar 2017, 16:06

what about red ISO and Ansi Return/Enter?

gogusrl

31 Mar 2017, 16:31

and row 3 \|. I'll do anything for that key :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2017, 16:58

gogusrl wrote: and row 3 \|. I'll do anything for that key :)
what is that for again?

gogusrl

31 Mar 2017, 18:11

For this layout (some call it US international, it's ANSI with ISO enter and row 3 \| ).

zslane

31 Mar 2017, 18:52

I understand the desire to go with something "timeless and classic", but we already have Granite for neutral two-tone gray keycaps. Any chance these could be a little more saturated and warm? As it stands, they just look like the same old, dull IBM gray I've seen on a billion keyboards already. Maybe something more like this (but with black legends on all keys):

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

31 Mar 2017, 19:54

I like the red enter key idea. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the first render with red Esc.

Also liking the saturated colors idea.

Wilkie

31 Mar 2017, 20:56

matt3o wrote: this would be a not-final shot of the base kit

I still need to fix a few things. The colors are just to give you an idea.

I would like to add some novelty keys. "vim" keys sounds like a good idea. I was also thinking some retro flavored "INS MODE" and the like.
Looks very nice, but how about using one-line legends like: PGUP, PGDN, PRNT, SCRL, PA? Maybe I'm in the minority with this preference, but sharing for your consideration.

Phenix
-p

31 Mar 2017, 22:45

Is an ISO-enter missing in the color kit?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Apr 2017, 07:50

Wilkie wrote: Looks very nice, but how about using one-line legends like: PGUP, PGDN, PRNT, SCRL, PA? Maybe I'm in the minority with this preference, but sharing for your consideration.
I would have to reduce the font size too much, while we want to keep the legends pretty huge.
zslane wrote: I understand the desire to go with something "timeless and classic", but we already have Granite for neutral two-tone gray keycaps. Any chance these could be a little more saturated and warm? As it stands, they just look like the same old, dull IBM gray I've seen on a billion keyboards already. Maybe something more like this (but with black legends on all keys):
I like your suggestion but I believe the first batch should be pretty "classic". If the group buy will be successful (because it could be still a disaster...) we will surely run more colors. We want to replace PBT SA after all.
gogusrl wrote: For this layout (some call it US international, it's ANSI with ISO enter and row 3 \| ).
I was thinking something like that, I didn't know there was actually a request for such a thing.

Ray

02 Apr 2017, 16:46

How about a red Transmit instead of Return? If you think TTY...
but I guess that's just me.

Phenix
-p

02 Apr 2017, 17:30

I like the idea of an transmit key.. , should be cool

pdc

03 Apr 2017, 13:45

The ‘Ansi with ISO enter’ layout is how Apple do ISO English on Macintosh keyboards.

cods

10 Apr 2017, 14:38

I can't believe I read 23 pages of this thread today. Also can't believe how creative people are. Bravo.
I'm not particularly creative, but I love hi profile key sets, and will support and buy.

Regarding colours - FWIW I would prefer something closest to the beamspring photos Murium et al have posted much earlier in the thread, acknowledging the limitations of dyesub... which kinda leaves us with Granite hi pro? That's not a bad thing. IMHO some decent splashes of muted colour would be nice.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Apr 2017, 16:02

additional color options (just experimenting)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Apr 2017, 16:05

matt3o wrote: additional color options (just experimenting)

>> /dev/ttyTA ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Apr 2017, 16:07

Triumph Adler FTW!

zslane

10 Apr 2017, 18:42

That's quite lovely.

cods

10 Apr 2017, 23:07

Nice!

codemonkeymike

11 Apr 2017, 00:43

I love it, do you think first round will have a Colemak kit?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

11 Apr 2017, 02:15

No 1.5u bottom row? :o

Also, where is that TA picture coming from matt3o?

I'd be interested in a blank gray/beige set to begin with. With a 1.5u row 4 bottom row.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Apr 2017, 07:41

codemonkeymike wrote: I love it, do you think first round will have a Colemak kit?
mmmh good point... we'll see
ramnes wrote: No 1.5u bottom row? :o
check the previous page :)
ramnes wrote: Also, where is that TA picture coming from matt3o?
the internet :)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

11 Apr 2017, 08:56

Ah yeah, I read a bit too fast. Not sure how I feel about having them in a kit. I'm not used to buy kits. :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Apr 2017, 10:58

Still experimenting
dev-tty-dawn.png
dev-tty-dawn.png (93.11 KiB) Viewed 4763 times

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Apr 2017, 10:59

Best of 2016?

Granite/Skeletor/Carbon :)

Shihatsu

12 Apr 2017, 11:05

O gawd, jüst mäke all öf them please... INT!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Apr 2017, 11:13

GB should start in a couple of days :) I'll try to squeeze in all the color options :)

Phenix
-p

12 Apr 2017, 11:17

Will there be an ERGODOX Kit?

cookie

12 Apr 2017, 11:34

I've got my topre to mx sliders recently but am afraid that it might wobble way to much with Hi-Pro.
If there were the option to mount them on a HHKB I'd very likely try them anyway.

Nice color matteo!

zslane

12 Apr 2017, 23:02

matt3o wrote: GB should start in a couple of days :)
Where is the group buy going to run?

Return to “Workshop”