Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

FearsomeCubedWarrior

17 Apr 2017, 04:06

zslane wrote: Well dang, if you're going to supply Cyrillic, why stop there? Let's get Sindarin out there too!
Sindarin is not my native, though.
Gonna check Yuri status!

zslane

17 Apr 2017, 04:54

Sindarin isn't anybody's native language, yet matt3o saw fit to provide it as a Granite kit anyway. Besides, I suspect that 99% of Granite Cyrillic's buyers bought it because the legends look "cool", not because they will ever actually write in Cyrillic, which is the same justification for Sindarin.

But I acknowledge that maybe Sindarin is more of a round 2 kind of thing.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 08:04

zslane wrote: But you can use the Windows logo?
sad but true.
zslane wrote: Well dang, if you're going to supply Cyrillic, why stop there? Let's get Sindarin out there too!
if I really have time, I'll try to add Japanese.

Someone requested Hebrew too, I always wanted to do that, but I'm afraid we will push it to round 2.

hansichen

17 Apr 2017, 08:12

Seems like my wallet will hate me when you add Japanese :P

Madhias
BS TORPE

17 Apr 2017, 08:41

Japanese would be also nice!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 08:56

I finally got pricing for all the kits.

The price is basically in line with what you'd expect BUT we offer two options for the bottom row in all kits. Meaning that the set is actually quite cheaper than SP SA for example.

Now I'm torn if we should remove one bottom row from all kits and make a special kit instead with the alternate bottom row.

vsev

17 Apr 2017, 09:54

No FR included in INT kit ?
Well I assume this is going to be like Granite, many rounds to come so maybe next time...

Phenix
-p

17 Apr 2017, 11:03

matt3o wrote:I finally got pricing for all the kits.

The price is basically in line with what you'd expect BUT we offer two options for the bottom row in all kits. Meaning that the set is actually quite cheaper than SP SA for example.

Now I'm torn if we should remove one bottom row from all kits and make a special kit instead with the alternate bottom row.
Or remove both bottom rows and make 2 bottom row kits to choose from :twisted:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 11:04

I'm wrestling with MD on pricing, I believe we can still make it with both bottom rows

Phenix
-p

17 Apr 2017, 11:12

matt3o wrote:I'm wrestling with MD on pricing, I believe we can still make it with both bottom rows
I understand why massdrop - tough it is an pain again and again for Europeans cause of customs.
There is no feasible alternative, or?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 11:54

find me someone willing to invest on the molds in Europe and I'll do it right away!

Phenix
-p

17 Apr 2017, 12:42

matt3o wrote:find me someone willing to invest on the molds in Europe and I'll do it right away!
If I remember correctly 3000€ per mold, or?
+tooling costs/whatnot.

btw: how many molds are needed for an full /TTY set?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 15:02

tty is 31 molds so far (and we miss some)

stuplarosa
AltGr

17 Apr 2017, 15:32

No Whitefox key?

DarKou

17 Apr 2017, 15:36

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks for the Cyrillic set matt3o, you're my hero <3

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 15:47

stuplarosa wrote: No Whitefox key?
yeah there's one somewhere :)
DarKou wrote: Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks for the Cyrillic set matt3o, you're my hero <3
:oops: :D

scottc

17 Apr 2017, 15:51

The Cyrillic set is as expensive as the base set but there are very many fewer keys -- why's that, is the red sublimation more costly or something?

stuplarosa
AltGr

17 Apr 2017, 15:52

matt3o wrote:
stuplarosa wrote: No Whitefox key?
yeah there's one somewhere :)

Ahhh. Found it. Vendors kit.

Laser
emacs -nw

17 Apr 2017, 15:58

So, no Vim key :( (the kit seems otherwise great)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 16:27

scottc wrote: The Cyrillic set is as expensive as the base set but there are very many fewer keys -- why's that, is the red sublimation more costly or something?
what impact mostly on a set is the dye-sub (and the prep work needed to print the legends). 1u keys cost is pretty low.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Apr 2017, 16:28

Looks great! I'm placing my order now. It's a big one, and that's because I believe in this project and matt3o's work, and (maybe one day) would love to see these as a stock option on my Hall boards.

Any chance you can add an "XMIT" kit? I'm only half serious, but if you're willing to entertain my request, I'd love for it to include:
- Numpad overlay for TKL keyboard, just like a Realforce 87u, but with:
- Special numpad overlay key for M: both µ and 00 legends. (The German M/µ key is one of my favorites and a tribute to Muirium, who was instrumental in welcoming me into the keyboard scene.)
- Red XMIT key to replace Enter.
- A Control/Caps Lock swap kit (again, just like a Realforce 87u), but with:
- 1.25u CAPITALS key instead of CAPS LOCK key. (Though, CAPITALS won't fit on 1.25u, oh well. I like CAPS more than CAPSLK.)
- 1.25u Open Diamond keys to replace Super, just like on a Sun Type 5.
- 1.25u COMPOSE key (though, again, won't fit on 1.25u; ALTGR would be okay instead.)

Pure icon mods would be nice for the Cyrillic kit.

I'm now going to try, as hard as I can, to not think too hard about just how pricey this order was, and think of it instead as supporting a friend, supporting the community, and furthering the state of the art. Right. Sorry, bank account.

Phenix
-p

17 Apr 2017, 17:27

its there.
Atm i am stumbling about if I really need an set, as there is no ergodox kit support..

Is using with cherry dox kit fine? (@matt3o: can this work out re profile)

codemonkeymike

17 Apr 2017, 17:44

I too would like an ergodox set, I think blank would be best to suite the most amount of people with the least effort.

FearsomeCubedWarrior

17 Apr 2017, 17:55

I'm interested, will it hit Canvas in terms of purchased or not?

mr_grandis

17 Apr 2017, 18:19

matt3o wrote: I believe the 1800 should be covered... I'll post all kits shortly, you'll tell me if I miss something.
I have found that the Leopold FC980M / 1800 layout was not fully supported, the top right R0 Delete and R0 Page Down was missing in the options, please also add them to the extra mod pack please :)

edit: just joined the drop, the R0 delete and page down will need to use the novelty keys to cover them as using different profile on the same row doesn't look great :\
Last edited by mr_grandis on 17 Apr 2017, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 18:52

FearsomeCubedWarrior wrote: I'm interested, will it hit Canvas in terms of purchased or not?
no idea how much Canvas sold :)
codemonkeymike wrote: I too would like an ergodox set, I think blank would be best to suite the most amount of people with the least effort.

we miss some keys for ergodox. we'll do next time
XMIT wrote: Any chance you can add an "XMIT" kit? I'm only half serious, but if you're willing to entertain my request, I'd love for it to include:
let's talk about it! :)

Phenix
-p

17 Apr 2017, 19:33

any idea when R2 comes??

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Apr 2017, 19:37

Phenix wrote: any idea when R2 comes??
2018 :) maybe xmas 2017 if everything goes veeeery smooth

zslane

17 Apr 2017, 19:54

So what is the procedure for proposing a custom set using this family? Do we go through you, matt3o? Do you have total approval authority over all such proposals?

Vizir

17 Apr 2017, 20:00

are we going to see other colors with this profile? will you let others use this profile for their keysets, eg. carbon?

Return to “Workshop”