Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

zslane

20 Apr 2017, 19:03

SL89 wrote: When did they make it so you had to login or have an account to see prices... come on MassDrop
AFAIK, MassDrop has always been a members-only site. There is a way to view stuff as a "guest", but I'm sure it has its limitations. As I understand it, the members-only policy is a common requirement levied upon them by the vendors they do business with.

Ichigo87

20 Apr 2017, 21:19

matt3o wrote: if all the major sets pass the 1000 mark I'll try to add more keys without altering the current pricing.
Hi matt3o,

How many order would you need to consider French Azerty kit ?

Don't know if it is possible but during Round 5, 7bit made a french alpha kit to lower the price instead of base kit + french kit. I ordered 10 to help it happened and I would love to do the same with this kit.

Thanks !

codemonkeymike

20 Apr 2017, 22:59

zslane wrote: ... levied upon them by the vendors they do business with.
110% Right, I work in off-price where this is extremely common. A big reason why is because you (as a consumer) can't price match on a members only site and walmart can't go to xyz vendor and say they want a better wholesale price because massdrop is getting xyz's product for the price walmart is paying wholesale.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Apr 2017, 23:16

Ichigo87 wrote: Hi matt3o,

How many order would you need to consider French Azerty kit ?

Don't know if it is possible but during Round 5, 7bit made a french alpha kit to lower the price instead of base kit + french kit. I ordered 10 to help it happened and I would love to do the same with this kit.
I guess around 50 would be the minimum. I'm so sorry I couldn't do it but you guys have some crazy layout!

Ichigo87

21 Apr 2017, 00:56

I am affraid it is too late for us to organize a group buy on our side. this number (50) doesnt seem crazy to reach. there are pretty active threads on a few french forums where people are asking for it.

i am not sur how massdrop works but could you make it happen by putting let say 5 locked prices (10-20-30-40-50 units & more) beginning by 10 kits at a pretty high price and see if it works.

how expensive could it be for only 10 orders (i am sure we could find ten people crazy enough to put more than 100€ in a french addon).

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 08:03

do you have an idea how many keys there would be in the kit approximately?

Ichigo87

21 Apr 2017, 09:07

i have to recheck but for a classic j ret iso it would be 26 keys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 09:18

I guess the cost would be around $30-40 if we plan on selling in the 20-50 range. I'm pretty sure they would drop it if we sell less than 20-ish.

Ichigo87

21 Apr 2017, 09:30

this price seem fair considering the number of keys.

there is no way to lock it with at least 10 kits at 70$ and apply the price reduction at 20 for around 40$. People tend to be fearful if they are not sure that their order will be complete no mater what happen.

depending of the price i think i could at least commit myself to buy 5 kits and then we would only need 5 other order to lock it

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 09:52

unfortunately we can't lock at 10 kits.

please confirm the above kit and I'll see what I can do. only think... we don't do tertiary legends this time around. are they crucial for you?

hansichen

21 Apr 2017, 10:02

I assume that FR will be a standalone kit so keep in mind that there is the same 'problem' as the international kit had with the Z, row 2/4 is not the same so you will have to add that. Maybe you already had it in mind but it's better to mention it before somebody forgets it.

Ichigo87

21 Apr 2017, 10:02

Sorry i didn't follow the full discussion and didnt know that. Yes they are crucial, the price is gonna be very high so i am really looking for full AZERTY legend. Si i guess it will be for next round.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 10:20

okay so we are making this kit just for you guys, I guess I can include the tertiary legends... but you French people better to buy it!

Ichigo87

21 Apr 2017, 10:28

Great!

From the R5 picture the R4 u* key is uneeded but now i understand that it needs a Z R2 and a E€ R2.

Phenix
-p

21 Apr 2017, 11:24

E€ and Q€ are imho unneeded.
Something like [ and ] would be more helpful

Ichigo87

21 Apr 2017, 12:17

It is not for the need but for the beauty of a complete set.

Phenix
-p

21 Apr 2017, 12:45

Yea, I would also prefer complete legends..

DarKou

21 Apr 2017, 13:28

Hello,

It's possible to add 6U and 7U spacebar ?

Regards,
DarKou

pomk

21 Apr 2017, 13:30

7u is in the winkeyless kit.

codemonkeymike

21 Apr 2017, 14:32

Wow French Azerty is an insane layout! Just ordered myne, even though I will probably order another set when you do an ergodox set. I just like spending money

Petch

21 Apr 2017, 15:39

Hi matt3o,

I know I've pestered you elsewhere before about 75% compatability, and you added the R0 Delete which was great - but someone in the comments on MD has spotted there's no R4 End, and unless I'm blind - he's right! I know there's some variance between 75% layouts, but most seem to have the final column in the order Delete (or Pause), Home, Page Up, Page Down, End, Right Arrow

Would this be something you'd be able to add? There is currently an R4 Page Down which I think most 75% users would rather have as End

And for my cheeky UK request (I know you're already considering it depending on how many UK kits are ordered, but I think you misunderstood? Not sure, anyway...)

I know it's niche, but this is all we need for ANSI UK (and split back space, think HHKB). If you could only do one, I'd personally say do the 1u as there are likely more UK people using HHKB layout than ANSI UK. Excuse the shoddy paint skills

Edit: Taking another look, I think Page Up and Page Down are both 1 row too high in the Extra Mods kit, unless this is for a layout I'm unaware of...

This is how the final column on a 75% should look
Attachments
mt3.png
mt3.png (10.06 KiB) Viewed 5011 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 16:04

Petch wrote: I know I've pestered you elsewhere before about 75% compatability, and you added the R0 Delete which was great - but someone in the comments on MD has spotted there's no R4 End, and unless I'm blind - he's right! I know there's some variance between 75% layouts, but most seem to have the final column in the order Delete (or Pause), Home, Page Up, Page Down, End, Right Arrow
it is not that it is missing... it's just that there are too many options. Again, if the drop is successful I will be adding more keys.
Petch wrote: And for my cheeky UK request (I know you're already considering it depending on how many UK kits are ordered, but I think you misunderstood? Not sure, anyway...)

I know it's niche, but this is all we need for ANSI UK (and split back space, think HHKB). If you could only do one, I'd personally say do the 1u as there are likely more UK people using HHKB layout than ANSI UK. Excuse the shoddy paint skills
I gotcha. Buy more UK kits, mate. Not that many sold right now.

Petch

21 Apr 2017, 16:25

How many more UK kits would you need? I don't think I'll personally need mroe than 2 :D

As for the navigation cluster, what layout are the R3 Pg Up and R4 Pg Down for then? I can see 1800 in Novelties, but can't figure out what the extra ones are for

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 17:31

Petch wrote: As for the navigation cluster, what layout are the R3 Pg Up and R4 Pg Down for then?
WhiteFox is:
R1 any key
R2 delete
R3 pg up
R4 pg dn

Petch

21 Apr 2017, 17:37

Ah, makes sense now... may have to scrap one of my orders then :(

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2017, 17:42

don't do it, man. I'll push more keys in the coming days, the drop is doing great. :)

Petch

21 Apr 2017, 17:50

I will wait until the last day; second set is for a 75% and I'm too perfectionist to fill the last column with "Any Key" :P

I think there are quite a few people who also mistook the Whitefox navigation cluster for 75%, but i'm biased so i'm probably noticing every single 75% commenter

DarKou

21 Apr 2017, 18:09

pomk wrote: 7u is in the winkeyless kit.
Ho! nice

Just missing 6U space for my other layout ^^

RexS

21 Apr 2017, 19:02

matt3o, awesome stuff.

Could you photograph the R4 and R5 (flat) spacebar prototypes next to a typical Topre spacebar?

I'm in for this set, and look forward to 6u spacebars in the future, but I'm curious how my Realforce spacebar might look nestled in the middle of this set. Thanks!

off7

21 Apr 2017, 20:24

Hello there,

I'm already in the drop and was not really counting on an azerty option, but would be glad if an azerty kit appears in the $30-40 price range as mentionned, so I could have the option to migrate that on my azerty Novatouch. :) Won't talk about key priority etc. as I was really not expecting any form of azerty and some people really seem to want them.

Anyway, new to the keyboard/keyset party and this was just to show there is at least some (slight?) demand somewhere for azerty.

Thanks matt3o, photekq and everyone involved.
Cheers.

Return to “Workshop”