FSSK v1.00 - Installation & Users Manual

idollar
i$

28 May 2017, 08:42

By the way, I still have two or three plates, if someone is interested, PM me :-)

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

28 May 2017, 08:51

Hey, idollar. Nice to see you around again!

idollar
i$

28 May 2017, 09:24

Techno Trousers wrote: Hey, idollar. Nice to see you around again!
:D

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

28 May 2017, 10:35

Techno Trousers wrote: Hey, idollar. Nice to see you around again!
YES ! ;) We need your technical "crafty" expertise around here more ! :P

idollar
i$

28 May 2017, 10:37

It is nice to read your post guys. Thanks a lot.

I have received a number of PMs asking for FSSK. Unfortunately I do not have many, but if there is interest we could organise a new GB. FSSK and FEXT mixed.

Shout if you want me to do it.

idollar
i$

28 May 2017, 12:06

Things are getting complicated. I am not used to all these PMs anymore :-)
Here is the summary:

I have
  • 1 x FSSK prototype = Wodan. It was his since long time ago
  • 1 x FEXT --- could be transformed into an FSSK easily
  • 1 potential FSSK that I need to check with the user that paid for it. He asked me to hold it.
Interest has been:
  • Wodan - You were first and you will get the FSSK prototype(if you accept the patch ...) or the potential FSSK
  • jorgenslee - You were second, if you are interested in the FEXT, you need to tell me
  • Ir0n - You have been the third one, and will have to wait
I repeat, if there is interest, I could order PCBs again and distribute them

jorgenslee

28 May 2017, 12:48

I am interested if you will organize a new GB. I'd get 2 PCB FSSK.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

28 May 2017, 14:47

Oh *thank goodness*, the source files are in the OP. Thank you so much idollar!

I may look into commissioning a set of these for interested parties. No promises now...

tentator

30 May 2017, 17:59

Hola i$! :)

I have one of the FEXT that i$ sold me some months ago.. but I'm stuck with no controller.. are you guys also thinking about some rounds of xwatsits (also the mini variant maybe) I would be sooo interested in it! :)

Let me know,
Cisco.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Dec 2017, 23:08

I think I might be finally around to assembling mine, can anyone tell me what screws are used in assembling the barrel plate to the plastic?

shreebles
Finally 60%

28 Dec 2017, 22:51

Here are the screws I used for at least 3-5 screw mods on Model Ms and SSKs.
Source: The man idollar himself.

Stainless Steel A2 2.2x6.5 mm
DIN 7982

--> this is what we got here in Germany but YMMV as to what measurements make sense if you're in the US.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

31 Dec 2017, 02:53

shreebles wrote: Here are the screws I used for at least 3-5 screw mods on Model Ms and SSKs.
Source: The man idollar himself.

Stainless Steel A2 2.2x6.5 mm
DIN 7982

--> this is what we got here in Germany but YMMV as to what measurements make sense if you're in the US.
Thanks, I'll need to convert it here in a moment. Would you recommend screw mod over bolt mod?

shreebles
Finally 60%

01 Jan 2018, 19:42

I've only done screw mods but I know that idollar also recommends screwmodding over boltmodding.
I'd say screwmod is perfectly fine unless you need to open the assembly many times*. Then, the threads in the barrel plate may wear out.

*Which, incidentally, is something you might do a few times if you're building an FSSK, until you get fit and isolation right.

alh84001
v.001

03 Jan 2018, 18:01

On the upside, you don't need to screw every hole when test-fitting.

green-squid

24 Jul 2018, 18:25

I can't believe it! These files were here all along waiting to be used! Well, let's damn resurrect this shit! :twisted:
So, has anyone who tried the FEXT PCB had any major issues? I'm really thinking of ordering some PCBs from JLCPCB.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

24 Jul 2018, 23:53

I was really hoping Ellipse would provide cheap flipper packs for people who want to try an FSSK or FEXT. Last I checked he was going to offer them for either $0.50 or $1.00 each. That's about triple the price I was hoping but still probably the least expensive (and least offensive) way to get flippers.

I feel like the FEXT is a more approachable entry point. FSSK is nicer but full size Model Ms are much easier to come by.

orihalcon

25 Jul 2018, 02:26

I can do original model flippers/springs cleaned and ready to use for $0.75 each in bulk. PM me if interested.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

31 Jul 2018, 19:54

I wonder if lot_lizard still has all the Model F parts I sent him a while back...

LightningXI

03 Dec 2018, 23:40

Sorry to bump this thread back up, but if there's any enthusiasts out there looking to do this mod, we should band up together and work on it...

Would really love an approachable source for the flippers and perhaps a new GB for FSSK/FEXT PCBs? I find the PCB-bending part very daunting.

Also, if anybody here has done the screw-mod successfully with parts sourced in the US (e.g. McMasterCarr), please let me know if you have the parts / serial info from them.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

04 Dec 2018, 00:47

There's an interest check running now for FSSK PCBs. Not sure when the GB will kick off, but anyone interested should register.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96977.0

Wazrach

16 Mar 2019, 11:10

I would love to do this to my M122 Battleship and turn it into a thockier Model F. :C I love the Model F, but I am really fed up with opening them up. They ALWAYS, without fail, feel "off" after changing the foam. Aside from the rivets, I'm starting to appreciate the M's "cheapened" design with a single frame with integrated barrels. It's also nice that it doesn't rust.

How would I go about doing this to my M122? Is that even possible?

Return to “Workshop”