(Model MF) Remodeling the Model M (aka.. the Mara)

pcaro

14 Mar 2019, 16:03

I am "in" again too. I have taken advantage of these months to hoard flippers.

Hypersphere

14 Mar 2019, 17:59

@lot_lizard: Thanks for the clarification. Glad to know that the currently planned GB will be the curved replacement drop-in assembly.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

15 Mar 2019, 06:33

9/9/19 sounds like a great day to do a big run of cold rolled steel. Really looking forward to this, lot_lizard! End game keyboards are near.

I've been on the fence about ordering a couple of full keysets from that other F project; maybe a Mopar blue and dark gray set to mix and match. I'm thinking it's a good idea now.

adamcobabe

15 Mar 2019, 12:15

I'm new to this awesome project. Really excited about it coming back from limbo. There has been so much great work done so far.

Here are my two cents. Custom flippers and barrels are low on my wish list for a potential GB. Perhaps switches could be part of a phase 1.1 or phase 2? Seems like getting the plates, and pcbs into people's hands would help generate more interest in expanding the project. While XT/AT switches are annoying to obtain, they are available second-hand and from Ellipse. I guess I favor narrowing the scope of the project to help get at least a first phase "finished". That said, I really want both an SSK and full size version. Thanks, lot_lizard. All the best to you and your family.

lot_lizard

15 Mar 2019, 20:25

adamcobabe wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 12:15
Custom flippers and barrels are low on my wish list for a potential GB. Perhaps switches could be part of a phase 1.1 or phase 2?
Welcome @adamcobabe... we would share your thoughts as well. We have something viable already that is ready to produce without any additional tweaks. Unfortunately though, we are left twiddling our diddles until 9/9 when the plates can be produced by our previous fabricator. I really would like to use them again given their talents and struggles I went through to get it right with them (it’s much more complicated than any traditional F plates).

So if we can potentially squeeze something in without impacting overall schedule, we MIGHT. Plus it’s something to yik-yak about while we watch paint dry :)

Speaking of prior desires... anyone want to take a stab at putting Bluetooth on one of wcass’s USB daughterboard designs? If you remember, we have 4 USB options on this thing (C, B, micro, and mini). There aren’t any concerns about cap sensing or anything. They are just a clever little board he put together to expose the USB out from the controller

DMA

16 Mar 2019, 03:08

Flat PCB works with no modifications - CSSK is the living example.

adamcobabe

16 Mar 2019, 18:03

lot_lizard wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 20:25
So if we can potentially squeeze something in without impacting overall schedule, we MIGHT. Plus it’s something to yik-yak about while we watch paint dry :)
Sounds great. Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Workshop”