CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

DMA

02 Jan 2021, 05:50

Microswitch (SD, the gated kind) support added. Turns out it's a trivial contact matrix (emulated).

Pedals - the switches that hang from a dedicated GPIO, like Shift or num/duplex/speed/online switches on TI 700 terminal - are now supported, too.

Looks like I've abandoned the hobby, so this is likely the last release. This accound is rarely monitored, so if there are questions (real questions only, please - do your homework first) - ping me on github.

Happy 2021 :)

DMA

11 Jan 2023, 04:27

spongebob-5-years.jpg
spongebob-5-years.jpg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 986 times
We finally have PSoC 6 part which has BT _and_ USB (in fact whole four of them) - but they are only available in glorious PG-VFBGA-124 (that's BGA-124, 9x9x1mm) and SG-WFWLB-104 (that one is even worse - "Silicon Green, Very, Very thin profile, Fine pitch, Wafer Level Ball grid array" - 3.8x5x0.65mm) - which are a bitch to solder, and Tmax of 260 degrees doesn't help.
However, I now have a reflow oven, so it's not much of a problem.
CYBLE.jpg
CYBLE.jpg (150.31 KiB) Viewed 986 times
These two are USB-less, but are a good testbed of "if PSoC 6 ADC is good enough" and "Is 12 UDBs enough to drive everything without involving the CPU".

I might find a new job quickly tho and this will lead nowhere - but it's not like anyone is actually interested in having one, so it's OK.

DMA

28 Jan 2023, 06:06

I did it! It involved some magicks, and I won't be able to produce anything decent out of those 4 modules mouser accidentally sent me instead of 2 because they don't have USB and I'm a bit too lazy to rewrite whole control interface to use bluetooth - BUT the scanner works!
It looks like this:
PSoC6-scanner.png
PSoC6-scanner.png (134.89 KiB) Viewed 907 times
And externally, it's pretty nasty lol
psoc6-final-proto.jpg
psoc6-final-proto.jpg (341.16 KiB) Viewed 907 times
fun fact - it reuses my first CS prototype board - in fact, the first PCB I ever ordered - as a carrier board:
psoc6-proto1.jpg
psoc6-proto1.jpg (198.23 KiB) Viewed 907 times
psoc6-proto2.jpg
psoc6-proto2.jpg (367.58 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Definitely not prod-ready, but "it's not just good - it's good enough!"

From this point, I can produce a BLE+USB (not "BLE but charged via USB", the real thing: USB-configurable, USB and BLE outputs, switched from keyboard by a key combination, battery- or bus-powered) capsense controller.
Unfortunately, this involves BGA soldering, so I'm only willing to do that for the MoQ of 50 (because stencils, solder paste etc etc) - and I doubt there will ever be demand for that much.

,,also, since making a BLE device requires paying $8000 ransom to BlueTooth SIG (they threaten to block you at customs otherwise), this will likely be US-only. Although nothing prevents us from having a non-BLE firmware, which will be changed to BLE-enabled one via bootloader for those who want LOL

Return to “Workshop”