Pimp My Trackball and my custom keyboard

Alkhar

04 Nov 2016, 17:07

Hello, its Alkhar and we are here with Pimp My Trackball

I have a Logitech trackman wheel, this trackball is good, but now it's show his age, and it seems that except for the new Elecom one, nothing realy come close in term of quality and ergonomy that the Trackman wheel can provide to me
Before that i had a Microsoft trackball optical but because of the low dpi,i switched to a trackman wheel.
So now, i have a trackman wheel who have only one feet left, the mouse clics who work with hassle because it seems that 6 month of fps,use them quite fast. A scroll wheel who make a lot of noise.

Because this mouse is now old and not produced anymore, i had to look for a few spare one to have spare pieces available if something broke.
The good news is, well its quite common, so i have now 4 trackman wheel that i can use,repair or modify.
Second good news, no fancy sticker over screw, just 4 screw.

For the Trackball this is the plan :

Change the clics switch
Replace the current devlin (bearing) holding the ball with new ceramic bearings
Replace the Trackball ball
Polish the ball / upgrade the ball to have a better slide
Replace the scrollwheel, upgrade it, find a red scrollwheel
Replace the mouse feet, find new one
Replace the rubber part with a wood part
Replace the current cable with a sleeved cable
Apply a custom paint to the plastic shell
Maybe change the lens / sensor / MCU and create a new pcb, but this is out of my capacity for the moment

For my custom keyboard it will be this :

Vintage MX black switch
Cherry g80 3000 winkeyless case with the rectangular led hole closed and sanded like a g81 case
Sleeved cable
Leeku Mx 3000 PCB and his plate so that its more sturdy in the case
Cherry OG isofr pbt keyset
Polycabornate stickers
Lubed switch
Custom paint

After big research on custom g80-81 case i came accross something great
And it was this :

I'am sorry i cant even give credit to the artist, i dont know his name.
yeah it was like a stop in the time, omg that is what i want for my custom paint for my trackball and keyboard.
This is the only picture i could find from this g81 shell, i posted all the information in the g80-81 case thread, didnt event think to screenshoot the page, because two days after this it was down. I just have the picture.
So yeah the custom paint will be a reproduction of this shell, i just need to find a artist capable to do it.

So after a few shopping, this is what i have at the moment :

4 Logitech trackman wheel and 1 logitech trackman wheel wireless for the upper shell
5/64" and 3/64" ceramic bearing
Omron D2FC-F-7N (20M) clic switch
Spare Trackman wheel ball
An g80-1000 to reuse the vintage black switch
G80-3000 Winkeyless shell
A Dremel

And this is what i need to buy :

A red compatible scrollwheel or red dye
A new ball
A Dremel, i have a generic equivalent from Parside brand, but i'am not sure if this is gonna be sufficient enough
Better switch for the clic, maybe Omron D2F-01F
New feet for the mouse
Polish paste
Sheep wool polish disc
Leeku 3000 WKL case
Leeku mx3000 pcb and his plate
Epoxy or filling material for the case rectangular led hole
Sanding paper
Big enough Ultrasound cleaner something similar as the iSonic P4820 2.5/2.6 L, big enough to have a Microsoft Trackball optical in term of lenght and a DT225 in term of width.

A very special thanks to :

Wodan for the ultrasound cleaner advice
Davkol for the sensor change link
Puree for the G80 case and the solder work
Logitech Swizerland Customer Care / Logitech Support
All the people passing by

Have a nice day
Cheers

Alkhar
Last edited by Alkhar on 29 Dec 2016, 16:25, edited 16 times in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Nov 2016, 17:51

Great project, especially that trackball/mouse repair is really interesting to me!

Also take a look at some ultrasound cleaners, especially when dealing with used computer mice. They can really clean some places you can't clean any other way ;)

Alkhar

06 Nov 2016, 16:50

Hello its time to move forward with this project
The Logitech Trackman Wheel and the Logitech Trackman Wheel Wireless share the same upper shell, i dont want to damage the one i have since its almost not easy to find them, but i got lucky and found a wireless Trackman Wheel, so we will use it.
Buying used gear can bring surprise, lets have a look :

Full mouse

Full mouse

Ball holder

Ball holder

Focus on the clics / scrollwheel

Focus on the clics / scrollwheel

So yeah, they are yellow residue all over the shell, the scrollwheel is so greasy. The ball holder is a mess with crunchy brown residue in it.
The ball holder seems to be not the same as in the trackman wheel, one leg is higher,it is not realy a problem.But i was hoping to use the one from the trackman wheel wireless, will have to look on it later.

Since i dont care about the inside of the trackman wheel wireless, i open the 4 screw under it, use a nylon mediator to put between the upper and under case. And tada, the inside is a mess, there is grease everywhere on the scroll. Under shell + pcb got put in a bag, we will maybe work on it later.

Thank you for the ultrasound cleaners advice, it seems that after some looking, Lidl have one in his Silvercrest brand http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/SID ... 0ultrasons who is sold at 20-25e something, i will see if i come by in the store, i looked on amazon too, found https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00MJNHZM2/ref ... =UTF8&th=1 this one too, who seems too have a good review and seems a great product, will see, we are out of budget with the second one. Will take the silvercrest if i can. Edit, seems that they have a more budget friendly one https://www.amazon.fr/Floureon-Appareil ... op?ie=UTF8. Will see. Not my priority at the moment.

And thank you for sending me this about the sensor change on a trackball :
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44411.0
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... cal-sensor
It's a great base to have, i will see if i can find better newer sensor to use. Logitech had quite a boost with the Pixart 3366 and Zowie with the Pixart 3310, it will take some research and help for the codding part.
Thank you for the read and have a nice day.
Last edited by Alkhar on 19 Dec 2016, 15:58, edited 4 times in total.

Alkhar

08 Nov 2016, 22:27

The upper shell of the wireless one is open :

Then under it we have :

It's a mess, i have no envy to clean it, got put in a bag direction the closet

Trackman wheel upper shell and trackman wheel wireless shell :

Upper shell are the same
You can slide off the ruber shell part, the two are similar, the rubber part is not not so big, it could great to have one made with wood, it will be added to the first post.

Time to have a look on the plastic clic :

They are hold in place with a plastic clips, just a gentle pull will allow the mouse clic to go out.
Pull the plastic clip, push it out.

Same for the other one, dont hesitate to use the scroll wheel hole to take it out from the shell.

It should look like this now :

Alkhar

11 Nov 2016, 16:32

Ok, time for the fun part to start :

Upper shell and clic parts in a little bucket

Yeah, equivalent product work too, just had this one on hand.

Bucket, warm water and an old toothbrush and go scrap this gunk off.
A warning about oxy vanish, rinse, rinse rinse, this product should not rinse on your keycaps, i learned this the hardway, dont rinse good enough the keycaps, trow it in a towel, open the towel two days later, omfg the keyset is fucked, spacebar has white dot an a few key did have white patch. Lesson learned.

We are now back with the logitech Trackman wheel and its time to look on the inside under the shell :

3 pcb, one for the mouse click + scroll wheel and other for the ball holder and his "lens", biggest one has cable connexion + mcu atleast this is what i think.

A look on the scrollwheel

Dont touch on the left spring, just lift off the leg for the right one, you should be able to make it free, then just slide the whole scrollwheel and the support out. Dont drop, break, lost the right spring. Put the scrollwheel with the support in a plastic bag or in a box.

It should look like this

Now you have two little plastic clip that hold the pcb in place, pull them, one on the left the other on the right and you can return the pcb and have access to the solder point of the switch.

This is the place under the mouse switch pcb, you can see the two plastic support where the the scrollwheel support slide and of course a lot of gunk.

Back to our ball holder, i'am a bit disapointed about this.

So same as the scrollwheel support, the whole ball holder slide out and you can return it.
It seems that i will have a problem to upgrade this part...

Other side of it, so you have the plastic holder clips in place to the pcb, then the"lens"solderred to the pcb and who is a part of the ball holder.

So i hope i can still find a place to drill to change the bearings, but, i will have to do a little research on how does the "lens" in ball holder, what is the pcb for etc.

This is where the "lens" is soldered to the ball holder.

That is all for today.
Have a nice day.
Last edited by Alkhar on 25 Dec 2016, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Alkhar

03 Dec 2016, 21:02

Okay time for a next episode
Today, was time for good news and bad news

Good news, i received a wanted package, a great member of Belgium did send me a g80-3000 WKL case and send me back 2 Logitech Trackman Wheel with new D2FC-F-7N (20M clic rated switch) that i ask him to solder in place of the old one.

Oh boy, you have no idea, this is like heaven ! Having new clic, who are responding and fast, yeah yeah, great.
The trackball are working fine and great, both of them need new feet and a good cleaning and new bearings. I will do this next week.

As for the custom paint project, finding a good airspray painter is not simple and i may have find something similar as airspray to make an original custom case.
I may switch and go with Hydrodipping http://hydrographic-design.fr/ http://gallery.morbidstix.com/ http://hydrographic-design.fr/content/8-commentcamarche after a bit of reasearch it seems as durable that airspray painting, i just need to find if i can use a chose picture and not some premade patern, because i found a cool picture in the same theme as the one i wanted.

Someone on IRC asked me if this isnt to much, well i use an G80-1000 and a Logitech Trackman Wheel, at this moment-point, i realy dont care anymore what people think, this is part of the reason that we have so great project around here, people want a keyboard or a mouse with these or these switch, oh, it doesnt exist, lets do it.

Hopefully next post i will talk about the complete removal of pcb and a good cleaning. Hopefully i can have this ultrasound cleaner http://www.lidl-service.com/static/9345 ... _FR_NL.pdf in my local Lidl or the amazon equivalent https://www.amazon.fr/Floureon-Nettoyeu ... op?ie=UTF8 will see.

As for the bad news, the best ball i had fall of the desk on hardwood floor, its toasted i need to find a new one.

I find an an ebay seller from the US, who repair/rework MTE and MTO http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERVICE- ... 2721881390? i was aware of this, not to long ago he put this on his add ;
PLEASE DON’T WAIT TOO LONG IF YOU HAVE
MICROSOFT EXPLORER OR OPTICAL TRACKBALLS IN NEED OF REPAIR
I plan to “retire” soon. I am 80 years old.
My house is now up for sale.
When the house sells, I will stop my eBay services and sales.
It may be a temporary or a permanent stoppage.
Currently, I will continue with the repairs until I have a contract on the house..
Probably another 60 days, possibly more.
If you procrastinate – it may be too late!
I have a few question for him, but when i try to aks him a question using the ebay thing,ebay says its not working blabla, it's sad, this guy has for sure a lot to transmit, i already found a lot of information about MTE / MTO / Trackman Wheel, but if he have more, why not invite him here, if something has luck contacting him and can send him my project, thank you.

To be continued
Have a nice day
Last edited by Alkhar on 19 Dec 2016, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Alkhar

09 Dec 2016, 15:40

Hello,little news, the scrollwheel from the logitech trackman marble wheel seems incompatible, it use a different holding system.. I stil dont have given up, i want a red scrollring.

I can try to dye it, but i'am pretty sure this thing will melt in hot water.

Opend a Trackman marble Wheel this afternoon, the inside is, well, basic !, the pcb just take half of the shell of the trackball and the plastic is more sturdy, i still hate the ergonomic factor of the Trackmlan Marble Wheel but quality side its better than the Trackman Wheel.

Quite disapointed, hoped to just take the Trackman Wheel scrollwheel and put it in the Trackman Wheel, but NOPE !

As for the project itself, i just finshed a letter to Logitech Switzerland , i am hoping for a few answers on some points.

The trackman Wheel is a pain to use this day, my hand are more greasy than in summer, i have to clean the devlin bearing 1 time pro day.

My ebay message to the MTO repair man bringed nothing at the moment.
The project is still going on, no matter what.

To be continued
Have a nice day
Last edited by Alkhar on 28 Dec 2016, 22:12, edited 2 times in total.

Alkhar

11 Dec 2016, 18:53

HALT STOP !

http://www.dealerscope.com/article/keyb ... -ces-2017/
The focus will be on the brand-new G80-3000 Refresh, a reimagining of the classic G80-3000 mechanical keyboard with award-winning MX Silent switches. Of course, CHERRY will exhibit further product highlights and the latest models. This includes their MX switches as well as selected office products with which the manufacturer was able to establish its presence and visibility in the US market.
Thank you uncletobai for the link

Alkhar

16 Dec 2016, 23:45

So, back to this
I open a Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel because i want a red scrollwheel,and thought i can re-use the scrollwheel from this one, i was wrong, this does not work.

First thing it seems that the quality of the plastic from the Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel is far better that the one from the Trackman Wheel.
Same as the Trackman wheel, you have 4 screw under the trackball, just open them.

Here a full view fot the trackball

The design is basic, the pcb take half the shell and has his place from where he dont moove since the side are higher that the pcb and it have 2 hole binding with the casing, there is no plastic clip, the pcb is free when the shell is open.
The ball holder has REAL bearing and some kind of channel so that you can slide them in and out from there place, pretty cool.

Here the bearing and the channel they are in

The scrollwheel mecanism is not the same

It use a spring mecanism, when you push on the mouswheel, a spring push an piece of plastic to activate the switch, i did not realy take time to have more look on this, i was quite disapointed to find that i cant use the scrollwheel.

An other view from the scrollwheel

An the other side of the scrollwheel

The switches have some IC / HC marking, i dont know this brand, will take a look later, they seems smaller that the actual one.

A few inscriptions on the pcb too, amazing !
Anyway,to be continued
Have a nice day

Alkhar

19 Dec 2016, 16:20

Okay, i reviewed the page layout and make a special thanks section at the top.
Also make some change so that posting update on other forum/website will be easier.
Also tried again to contact the MTO repair guy.
Had quite a few progress, have added a lot of thing to buy :D
To be continued
Have a nice day

Phenix
-p

19 Dec 2016, 16:31

Keep up the work Alkhar!
It is really interesting to read, as I was thinking about bringing an SkiData trackball back to work, preferably with some mechanical keys surrounding it

Alkhar

20 Dec 2016, 17:15

Last week, i send a long letter to Logitech Switzerland, yeah you read right, a letter because i could not find a simple way to contact them. And i just find it better.

The letter was about the project and the current problem i have with upgrading some part, just have a look at the post one, its more or less the same list that "For the Trackball this is the plan". with a little more talk about some point.

And today i receive an email response !!! Well i shoud not be so hyped, atleast they got the letter :D
Cher Monsieur Alkhar,

Je m'appelle E***. J'ai été informé que vous souhaitiez obtenir de l'aide sur TrackMan Wheel.

Nous avons reçu votre lettre au siège de Logitech et vos questions ont été transmises au département concerné. Je vous recontacterai après avoir reçu les réponses de ces questions.

Cependant, j'aimerais vous informer que Logitech ne fait pas de commentaires sur les raisons d'avoir arrêté la fabrication de quel que soit le produit ni sur des produits futurs.

Merci de votre compréhension.

Pour référence ultérieure, le numéro de référence de votre problème est 04519370. Cela nous permettra de rechercher rapidement l'historique des contacts en cas de besoin. Si nous ne recevons aucune réponse, votre demande d'assistance sera finalement fermée et définie comme "résolue". Une enquête vous sera envoyée pour recueillir vos commentaires.

Pour nous contacter par téléphone ou obtenir des informations supplémentaires (FAQ, forum, manuels, etc.), rendez-vous sur support.logitech.com.

Cordialement,

E***
Logitech Customer Care
support.logitech.com

So it dont say a lot, they receive my letter.
They dont comment on why any product was stopped. And wont comment on any futur product.
My reference number is 04519370

Oh and its seems that maybe Santa will bring me a Ultrasound cleaner with a Dremel, atleast that what i ask him, we will see.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day
Last edited by Alkhar on 28 Dec 2016, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Alkhar

26 Dec 2016, 13:27

Hello, i got some news from Logitech Switzerland :
Cher Monsieur Alkhar,

Je reviens vers vous afin de vous faire parvenir les réponses de notre support supérieur:

1. Le DPI de la souris TrackMan Wheel est 300.
2. Il n'est pas recommandé de teindre le bouton de défilement. Le client est libre de faire ce qu'il veut, Logitech n"en est pas responsable.
3. Il n'y a pas d'information concernant les différentes éditions de la souris. Le produit est discontinué et la plupart de ses détails ont été archivés il y a quelque temps.

J'espère que cette information vous sera utile.

Pour référence ultérieure, le numéro de référence de votre problème est 04519370. Cela nous permettra de rechercher rapidement l'historique des contacts en cas de besoin. Si nous ne recevons aucune réponse, votre demande d'assistance sera finalement fermée et définie comme "résolue". Une enquête vous sera envoyée pour recueillir vos commentaires.

Pour nous contacter par téléphone ou obtenir des informations supplémentaires (FAQ, forum, manuels, etc.), rendez-vous sur support.logitech.com.

Cordialement,

E***
Logitech Customer Care
support.logitech.com
The mouse DPI is 300.
We dont recommand you to dye the scrollwheel, the customer can make what it want, logitech is not responsible.
We dont have informations about the Trackman Wheel itération and most of the detaisl where send in our archive few times ago.

Well nothing realy new ... Not even information about clics / ball / new ball / Precibal-Saluc / MCU ...
Atleast i know Logitech is not responsible about what i do with my mouse :D

I got a Dremel tool and found a ultrasound cleaner big enough to hold something like a Microsoft Trackball Optical, dont have the cleaner for the moment, maybe not before end of january, will see.

Thank you and have a nice day
Cheers

Alkhar
Last edited by Alkhar on 28 Dec 2016, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Alkhar

26 Dec 2016, 21:59

Cher Monsieur Alkhar,

Nous vous avons transféré toute l'information disponible concernant la souris TrackMan Wheel. L'information archivée n'est plus disponible et nous ne sommes pas en mesure de répondre au reste de vos questions.

En ce qui concerne votre demande de contacter une personne qui pourrait vous assister avec la partie Modding, la réponse est aussi négative. Un tel département n'existe pas et il n'y est pas de personne responsable non plus.

Malheureusement ne nous pourrions pas vous fournir plus d'assistance sur cette souris.

Cordialement,

E***
Logitech Customer Care
support.logitech.com
We give you all the information we have, you cant have access to our archive, we cant respond to your other question.
We dont have a modding division or someone that you can have contact with.
Unfortunately we cant give you more assistance for this mouse

Well, looks like i have to search for myself about the MCU and the rest of the stuff, little disapointed with this. I have time to think about it.

Cheers

Alkhar

28 Dec 2016, 06:27

Cher Monsieur Alkhar,

Merci pour votre retour.

Je suis navrée mais nous ne disposons pas de plus d'information à vous fournir. Il n'y a personne qui pourrait répondre à vos questions.

Bonne journée.

Cordialement,

E***
Logitech Customer Care
support.logitech.com
Thank you for your feedback
I'am sorry but we dont have more information.Nobody can answer your question.

Well this close the Logitech Switzerland part, i'am quite surprised that for a product that is not so old, they dont have more answer.
This will likely compromiss the "Maybe change the lens / sensor / MCU and create a new pcb" part, but i'am not done on this one, maybe have a look at OCN who has a LOT of mouse topic.
I may try my luck with other mouse manufacturer maybe, i will see.

I need to find information on how to find / put a name for the sensor / MCU / lens
Maybe i'am looking at the wrong end for this, i dont know

Alkhar

29 Dec 2016, 00:49

A few link that i found that i can maybe use for some information, if someone can read japanese, i can use google traduction but i will say that the result are sometimes pretty weird.

Original link + 1 archive link will be posted, yep, not gonna happen again like the g81 case find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Logitech_products
https://archive.fo/q2PBN
This is the wiki link of the logitech product, it contain some product id that can be helpfull, like this trackman wheel with led hole that i see one time.

http://www.logicool.co.jp/ja-jp/press/p ... eases/1865
https://archive.fo/kVllg
Japanese press release from 2002 mentionning the Trackman Wheel with a few information about caracteristics / firmware

http://www.logicool.co.jp/ja-jp/press/p ... eases/5438
https://archive.fo/vlXsc
Again a press realease

http://watchmono.com/blog-entry-161.html
https://archive.fo/j098c
Talking about the TM250 model,pretty cool one in picture :

http://mineko.fc2web.com/box/tb-room/it ... 65upi.html
https://archive.fo/SqZu5
A pretty good review.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/mame-tanuki/touch ... F%5D&of=15
https://archive.fo/Y8are
Here in the beginning of the page, the red led hole model i saw, dont know which one is what,ST-65UPi or TM-250.

I had a look again at Logitech history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech, got not so much luck with Logitech Switzerland, so maybe i will try my luck and send a letter to Logitech Usa.

Also found out that the trackman wheel was first sold at Amazon com the 14 August 2001 and on Amazon fr 1 January 2006. More than 10 years, does this make us old ? Why did i start this ? Does it make sense.

Btw i found my ultrasound cleaner, i came by an add on my local craiglist about a model similar to the iSonic_P4820_WPB, so apparently this model is available with a few different brand but the same stat, It has great dimensions and can be used to clean a lot of big Trackball, had 10 min look, the only one that dont fit are 2 model from Kensington, the rest will be no problem. But the majority of the Trackball / Mouse case are in Abs and the forced heat at 65°C from the iSonic_P4820 is a gamble i dont want to try.

So after that i found the website of this french company http://www.bpac.fr/boutique/ and i found this product http://www.bpac.fr/boutique/nettoyeur-u ... e-374.html

PUISSANCE ULTRASONS 140 Watts crête max (2 transducteurs 40khz 120 watts efficace)
Cuve inox 2,5 litres 250x150x80 mm (dimension intérieur Lxlxh)
Fonction DEGAS
Dimension extérieur 340x255x225 mm
Minuterie numérique 1,5 à 11 min suivant 7 cycles préprogrammés
Puissance de chauffage 100 Watts
chauffage ajustable de 25 à 85°
Panier plastique + couvercle
Notice détaillée en Français avec conseils pratiques
Homologation normes CE + RoHS
Garantie 1 an pmo

With this cleaning product : http://www.bpac.fr/boutique/produit-net ... 7-294.html

Yes maybe i should have take the 6L one from ebay.de, with almost the same price, but i dont need a 6L one. I will use it to clean a few keyset, maybe some switches and a few mouse, nothing more.I may regret it later who knows. Anyway, i will post a feedback when i receive it.

Thank you
Have a nice day

Alkhar

03 Jan 2017, 02:05

Okay this is the post talking about this led diffusor Logitech Trackman Wheel ST-65UPi / TM-250 ?
Can someone read japanese and help me translate what it say ? Google traduction is meh

http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000012453/SortID=8903597/

If google traduction is right this is Japan only model ?

Image*

If you can read Japanese or help me on this one thank you.

Alkhar

17 Jan 2017, 23:27

First hand on the ultrasound cleaner.
First have a look on the instruction so you dont launch a cleaning cycle without heat.
Gloves and a ventilated area, the cleaning product is harsch.
Optimum temp for my cleaning product is 45°C max 55°C, higher than that if its abs or any other plastic is at your own risk.
Its pretty effective !
You can recycle the cleaning bath if you filter the biggest residues, maybe its worth maybe not, i did not do it, didnt have a 5L plastic can to store it and with my dilution we are at 20 bath for the liter of product who cost 19€/L.
Its a relief to not have to clean small pieces or corner with the toothbrush.
The ultrasound cleaner can be used to clean a lot of thing,trackballs / switches / keycaps so i have no fear of recovering my investment.

Thank you for your time
Have a nice day

Alkhar

22 Jan 2017, 02:27

Okay, back to the trackball case paiting, i have settle to this pattern :

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... posite.jpg

After a bit of search for the paiting, people send me here : Twitch "Mat & khaine" painting miniatures https://www.twitch.tv/khaine974

Airbrush paint dont seem necessery based on what the guy said
His facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Twitch-Mat-kha ... 884378307/

So he can do it without airbrush, and said that based on his personnal test on a painting done for a gear stick this will likely take 10 layer of varnish to be abble to stand the friction and sweating.
I will test the durability of the custom paint on the trackball first and see how it react before going for the full keyboard.
Yeah hydrodipping seems easier, but i dont want to take the easy road.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Alkhar

04 Feb 2017, 02:07

A little news about the click noise reduction, after the switch where change, some switch dont have the same noise.
After a little research, we can open the switch, put grease or 2-3 layer of teflon tape.

On this picture its thick lube that is used but it seems that teflon tape is better.

Source : http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/vi ... hp?t=48682 last post

Thank you for the read and have a nice day.

Alkhar

09 Feb 2017, 18:09

Thanks to little birds, who found this in the EU :

To quote my little birds " With the transparent case the backlight is uniform on the upper and under shell "

I'am happy :D

Have a nice day

Return to “Workshop”