I started to make my converter today, initially with a pro micro, but then ended up doing it with a teensy 2.0.
I must say, although there is a plethora of information and knowledge to aid this conversion, it is probably overwhelming and can send you down a rabbit hole.
I want to mount my solution internally, when I am happy with the mapping, but for now I am going with the external makeshift version. The first of the photos are of the pro micro solution, but due to my inexperience, I ended up bricking the board (I have now revived it, but more by luck than any of the 'solutions ' out there). I eventually got the pro micro version working with soarers hex, but there was something amiss. When connected to my pc, each keystroke acted like it was permanently depressed. The latter pics are of the teensy solution, which was successful at the first attempt - I used Red's hex from earlier in this thread.
Thanks again to Coffee and Red for their input here - the knowledge and humor helped dismiss a lot of the ambiguity instilled in me from reading other threads on the net.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk