Mia a 122 soon to be opensource, if it works that is.

TuxKey
LLAP

01 May 2018, 15:23

wow that's on a different level.. gone are the days i remember standing in a server room behind the console of a couple of P/series and RS/6000 ibm machines ..hahahaha..this board looks nice..

zool

02 May 2018, 14:10

After quite a bit twiddling I now have a open source toolchain(no more xc32/mplabx) built open source STK500v2 bootloader(so we can use avrdude etc). Now to clean it up and get back to writing keyboard stuff.

I could have just gone hex blob for the bootloader, but that stands in the way of keyboard sovereignty, if you care for such things. The main point is the toolchain, thanks to chipkit-core compilers.

Phenix
-p

30 May 2018, 10:35

Any news? Interested where this is going

zool

30 May 2018, 16:02

Yes and no. I'm working on the case atm. I want to get an usable keyboard with plate and bottom case assembled as a unit rather than a bunch of poorly fitted keys as it makes pulling out onto the desk to hack on it much easier.

The basic keyboard functions are done with the new toolchain, nothing fancy like qmk(although I have been thinking about porting it to the pic32) right now it is just a scan code to hid code lookup. I haven't touched anything on the spi bus yet so no password manager since I need to write the screen driver. One of the uart drivers is done, and can used as debug interface, I also had a usb cdc uart going for a while but I broke it. i2c is kinda going but just bit bang. both pic rtc and nxp rtcc drivers are working, power monitor driver is working, eeprom is working, but no storage scheme yet(will be used to store configs and passwords etc.)

So yes and no. chipping away at the details, but not close to being finished.

Phenix
-p

31 May 2018, 15:12

Sounds impressive nevertheless, holding my breath to see it finished :)

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

31 May 2018, 15:16

zool wrote: but that stands in the way of keyboard sovereignty, if you care for such things.
I never knew I cared about this until you opened my eyes. Thank you, oh wise zool

TerminalJunkie

01 Jun 2018, 19:09

This reminds me a bit of the Wey Technology MK06 (photos-f62/wey-technology-mk06-t15102.html).

Return to “Workshop”