I'm trying to put together an AEK64 using Hasu's pcb and AEK (US layout) plate. I've harvested cream dampened switches and keycaps from a French Canadian ISO AEKii, but I haven't found a satisfactory solution to making everything fit. I don't like ISO layout, especially the short right SHIFT and ENTER. Also, the legends on the numbers are all wrong, so I will likely swap them out for keycaps from an old Toshiba portable. I'd also like [ ] " and ? instead of ç è é since I am used to typing accented letters with 'option'.
The big inconstancies are in the width of left tab-caps-shift, and right \ enter and shift. Because I've swapped in whatever would almost fit the profiles are also inconsistent since the keys are not in their correct rows.
Can anyone offer a practical solution for this. Honestly I'm not 100% sure whether I need 2.25 and 2.75 shift or something else. I don't quite get why some of the gaps are there. It's like I'm short 0.5 of space on R2, R3, and R4. What length should these keys be to fit the ALPS64 board?
Mathias keys seem to be bang on, as I have confirmed from my Tactile Pro. I know DAS sells some individual ALPS caps, but they don't look stabilized, and only in a couple of sizes. Or is there a source for original AEK caps without buying an entire board? (I already have an extra ISO board and I really don't need another.) I'd appreciate any comments and advice the community might have.
Edit: Here’s an update. Managed to solder diodes and switches, and decided on caps. Now I just need to figure out firmaware。
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/edi ... ap/?alps64, Is there a tutorial anyehere?
- Location: Montreal
- Main keyboard: FK302 Matias Tactile Pro 4
- Main mouse: LOGI M570 roller ball
- Favorite switch: ALPS, MX Vintage Blacks
- DT Pro Member: -
- Toshiba portable caps with mix of ISO AEKii. No case yet.
- 56692AF8-6E4C-46DC-84E8-F1623F5D974A.jpeg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 500 times
- First time soldering with TS-100.
- 04404E6E-9F8A-4B61-A85D-52C929490E9D.jpeg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 500 times
- AEK64 take 1
- QT8CoW64QrmUYVmx7swL9Q.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 578 times
- K6n8J2YnRjehL0z9FNZhrA.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 578 times