What's a good oil lubricant for alps switches?

Wingklip

22 Oct 2018, 10:53

I've seen the teflon lubricants and stuff but they don't seem too effective in preserving the switch against rust.

Can I use cooking oil? Or is there a non-corrosive alternative that will not corrode the plastics?

fohat
Elder Messenger

22 Oct 2018, 16:58

I stand in the store and read the labels on the cans very carefully.

I assume that anything that is not clearly specified (eg "safe for plastic" or "rust preventive") is probably not in there.

Wingklip

23 Oct 2018, 03:44

fohat wrote: I stand in the store and read the labels on the cans very carefully.

I assume that anything that is not clearly specified (eg "safe for plastic" or "rust preventive") is probably not in there.
Well on the other hand cooking oil is stored in a plastic container

tron

23 Oct 2018, 04:14

Wingklip wrote:
fohat wrote: I stand in the store and read the labels on the cans very carefully.

What kind of cooking oil? I'm thinking it would eventually go rancid. Why not use Dupont dry lube?

Wingklip

23 Oct 2018, 11:53

tron wrote:
Wingklip wrote:

What kind of cooking oil? I'm thinking it would eventually go rancid. Why not use Dupont dry lube?
30 aus pesos postage :(

Return to “Workshop”