Costar stabilizer extremely scratchy

abrahamstechnology

29 Oct 2018, 22:40

I'm having trouble with a Razer tenkeyless board and a Costar stabilizer, no matter what I try, the stabilizer is so scratchy to the point of the spacebar getting physically stuck. I am using a Tai-Hao keycap. Any idea what's happening?

abrahamstechnology

29 Oct 2018, 22:50

An update- I was able to use my soldering iron to soften and bend the "mouths" of the stabilizers open to a wider angle. Now it works much better.
I don't know what happened, as I tried it with 3 different stabilizers. Probably some stupid proprietary Razer thing

abrahamstechnology

31 Oct 2018, 15:29

Fixed the other problem. Part of the clips hit against the Tai-Hao spacebar, so I trimmed those parts of the clips off. It works perfectly now.

kakan

02 Nov 2018, 17:45

Next time you can try to use silicone grease like superlube and lube all contact points. So apply small amounts at the red arrows. That would make it super smooth and no rattle/squeaking.

abrahamstechnology

02 Nov 2018, 18:06

kakan wrote: Next time you can try to use silicone grease like superlube and lube all contact points. So apply small amounts at the red arrows. That would make it super smooth and no rattle/squeaking.

Yep, always do that.

Return to “Workshop”