PingJunior: 60% PingMaster build

QuickBen

02 Aug 2019, 04:40

Drclick wrote:
07 May 2019, 14:02

I tested the solenoid using a Xwhatsit solenoid driver and it works great. There is enough space for them in the plastic case.
The new version of PCB will be done very soon.
May I ask what type of solenoid you used in this picture here? I am interested in finding one for a Model F using the xwhatsit controller and it seems the IBM ones are tough to come by. Was hoping to find something compatible on eBay.

Cheers!

Drclick

07 Aug 2019, 03:09

QuickBen wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 04:40

May I ask what type of solenoid you used in this picture here? I am interested in finding one for a Model F using the xwhatsit controller and it seems the IBM ones are tough to come by. Was hoping to find something compatible on eBay.

Cheers!
I got them from Taobao. And you can find them on ebay using ‘Push Solenoid’ keyword.

aslanxdeft

04 Nov 2019, 14:47

Hi, does anyone know a place where I can buy a pingmaster. The ebay listing seems to be out of stock.

it99

13 May 2020, 19:39

When will the pcb's get back in stock? They just ran out right before I was gonna buy 3 :(

Ú/bo

14 May 2020, 16:28

it99 wrote:
13 May 2020, 19:39
When will the pcb's get back in stock? They just ran out right before I was gonna buy 3 :(
I was also just about to buy two.

kajahtaa

01 Jul 2020, 21:19

[redacted]

Thanks.
Last edited by kajahtaa on 15 Aug 2020, 02:12, edited 3 times in total.

BadCrab

01 Jul 2020, 23:31

Will these be available again in the future? If not did anyone order an extra PCB?

kajahtaa

15 Aug 2020, 02:13

Tried to create a plate for HMKB if anyone wants to test.

zrrion

12 Sep 2022, 21:07

bumping this for some important information. There is a chance, unsure how high that chance is, that this board will damage your caps.
SKCC is not rotationally symmetrical and as a result putting a cap on a switch that isn't aligned correctly has the potential to damage the caps. For single unit caps the top of the T should face either east or west, for multi-unit caps the T should face north or south. From the pics I see of the PCB it looks like all switches are N/S facing which is not ideal. ALPS themselves almost always stuck with this convention with the exception of a few boards where they have a 1u caps lock cap that uses a N/S facing switch and I often find those caps are cracked and in need of repair.

With how pingmasters aren't really available anymore this is probably not an issue for anyone who hasn't already built their ping jr but in case someone got parts but never built it or is checking out this thread while thinking about making their own SKCC custom please keep the switch orientation in mind.

Muirium
µ

12 Sep 2022, 23:08

Did you yourself break a tasty Alps cap, perchance? Got gruesome crime scene pictures for the rubberneckers among us?

Return to “Workshop”