ADDS VT220 Converter

TheInverseKey

19 May 2019, 02:25

Hi All,

I finally got around looking more into this keyboard and making the converter integrated into the keyboard.
Spoiler:
So this keyboard has the option to run either in AT mode or polling mode. Polling mode I'm guessing is the ADDS protocol and I will have to dive into this protocol in a later stage.

The way to select the different mode is like the other ADDS board that I converted where you have to have the correct jumpers in place in order for it to use that protocol.

Jumpers:
Spoiler:
I have noticed that the keyboard in AT mode really doesn't have all the correct codes set for all of the keys outside of the alpha keys and some of the modifiers.

Additionally, the backspace key and some of the function keys needed to be remapped.

Here is the pinout of the keyboard for anyone else that is trying to convert this keyboard. I will update the Wiki with this information as well.

Code: Select all

Pins		Function
1		VCC
2		GND
3		DATA
4		CHAS GND
5		CLOCK
6		N/A
Pins:
Spoiler:
I have the keyboard so that F13 is ESC right now but I might make layers in the future so that the keyboard actually outputs what it was suppose to do base on the sticker card at the top.

Remap:

Code: Select all

remapblock
	EXTRA_F1	BACKSPACE
	F19			LALT
	F22			COMMA
	INTERNATIONAL_1		PERIOD
	F12			F11
	F13			F12
	PAD_EQUALS	ESC

endblock
Thanks for having a look.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

31 May 2019, 00:23

Polling mode sounds cool. Like it might make a fun project.

I’m presuming the keyboard polls the keyboard to get keypresses (call me captain obvious). Nice of them to give you a hint!

Anyway, nice work so far :)

Return to “Workshop”