suggestions for /dev/tty2 ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 May 2020, 19:32

kanji FTW!

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

07 May 2020, 02:58

Woohoo! I ordered the beige base, Colemak & Co., Lost + Found, and Unicorn Barf. My CTRL High Profile is going to be complete with R5 goodness come October or thereabouts. Now, to order another or not to order? I'll sleep on it.

Thanks for running this, Matt3o. I hope the constant availability of the stripped down version doesn't affect sales too badly.

photekq
Cherry Picker

07 May 2020, 03:41

Ugh, you've appealed to the weeb in me. Gonna have to bite on this one :mrgreen:

depletedvespene

07 May 2020, 03:56

I'll be getting the blanks. Because of course.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 May 2020, 09:44

FYI there will be some updates in the ergodox and a few fixes here and there

yeah the constant availability of the set in the past surely will impact sales, but it's okay. I just want it to be out, I don't care how much it sells.

Loligagger

07 May 2020, 11:10

matt3o wrote:
Not removing keys I hope? Or would it be just changing some legends? 'Cause what's there gives me pretty good coverage for my board. I wouldn't mind a few more blanks personally but I could live without that.

AJM

07 May 2020, 11:44

Thanks for that, Matt3o. That's the first time for me, that I can buy my favourite keycap set, without dependence on the aftermarket.
matt3o wrote:
I know I'm annoying, but as I'm one, who will be ordering blanks:
I really miss the 2u "+" and "Enter" for the numpad in blank form. (One would have to order a complete "Ergo-Something" kit just for these. And I presume the blank 2u keys in the Ergo kit have the profile of the normal R5 numpad Enter, so a key with the profile of a numpad "+" would still be missing.)
Also: A few more 1u R2/3 keys in mod color in the blanks kits would be very useful.

EnthusiastDude

10 May 2020, 15:51

Great set, I've always wanted one but wasn't able to get ISO-DE, so this is the opportunity that I waited for.
Thanks for listening to the community!

AJM

23 May 2020, 21:12

matt3o wrote:
FYI there will be some updates in the ergodox and a few fixes here and there...
Hi Matt3o,
could you please tell a bit more if there have been changes/fixes and if yes - what and where?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 May 2020, 20:41

AJM wrote:
23 May 2020, 21:12
Hi Matt3o,
could you please tell a bit more if there have been changes/fixes and if yes - what and where?
ergo.png
ergo.png (186.25 KiB) Viewed 4650 times

FKSSR

14 Feb 2021, 00:40

Hello, I would LOVE to see blank keycaps for TKL, The color scheme you have (gray, off-white/beige, red) would work great, as long as they are blank. :)

AJM

14 Feb 2021, 15:12

There were such blank kits in the last run (called "bleached"). But that run is over for now. So you have to "request" a new one and wait or look for an offer on mechmarket etc.
https://drop.com/buy/drop-matt3o-devtty ... keycap-set

FKSSR

14 Feb 2021, 17:13

AJM wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 15:12
There were such blank kits in the last run (called "bleached"). But that run is over for now. So you have to "request" a new one and wait or look for an offer on mechmarket etc.
https://drop.com/buy/drop-matt3o-devtty ... keycap-set
Got it. I just hit Request. Thank you!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

20 Feb 2021, 05:50

Here we are in 2021 and I seem to have gotten everything I've asked for. Compose key. Space bars of arbitrary sizes. Side printing. Bravo! This is a dream I could not have imagined in 2014.

If we were continuing down this rabbit hole I'd have a few more nuanced requests:

Sun style function keys for the side of the keyboard. Failing that, F1 through F12 in R5 (flat) profile and one color so that I could put them on the left side of the keyboard.

Spacebar-style convex modifiers and Numpad 0 keys, in the correct colors, with legends (not just blanks).

R2 1.5u Esc key for replacing Tab with Esc, like on a Lier Siegler terminal.

IBM Selectric / Beam Spring style legends.

Hyper and Meta mods.

XMIT key for Return. :evilgeek:

The doubleshots are neat, though I *really wish* they were PBT doubleshots instead. I also wish that there were an R5 (flat) profile option for the bottom row with the double shots.

Maybe I'll just order a bunch of blank kits and dye sub them myself.

HungerMechanic

20 Feb 2021, 16:05

Yeah, I finally got my dev/tty with Triumph mods. Great stuff. Works well with Ergo Clears, as expected.

Profile is bit demanding, in that your keyboard has to be at certain angles. Doesn't necessarily work well in my keyboard tray.

I like the PBT MT3 more than the ABS. I think the mold for the PBT is better-sculpted, with deeper dishes. ABS is a bit more 'generic' in profile.

But of course, you can get the colours you want in ABS. I have the BoW / WoB and it is stunning. Everybody knows this. And it will look great on many of the 65% boards coming up.

ddrfraser1

20 Feb 2021, 16:44

How bout topre mount? ;)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

21 Feb 2021, 00:40

Or Alps mount? Wouldn't that be something.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Feb 2021, 14:57

I tried alps with a couple of sets... nobody buys them! That's the hard truth...

ddrfraser1

23 Feb 2021, 15:12

I think people would go apeshit bananas over topre mount although I know that would be harder to swing... Lots of monkey references in here...

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2021, 15:50

ddrfraser1 wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 15:12
I think people would go apeshit bananas over topre mount although I know that would be harder to swing... Lots of monkey references in here...
Ook! 🙈

ddrfraser1

10 Jun 2021, 00:15

I would love to see an APL set. I'm only now realizing there are no SA APL sets (that I know of... ok sail and symbiosis but ya can't buy em)

An MT3 set ala The IBM 5100 would be primo.
Dare I request those delicious front legends?

jmaynard

10 Jun 2021, 02:32

Boy, am I late to this game. What's MT3?

Me, what I really want is a full set of PC/3270 keycaps for an M122...or an M122/F122-style keyboard with two more keys so I can have Windows/Command/Super and Menu. But I want a PC keyboard that looks and acts just like a PC/3270 keyboard I don't have to rework.

Return to “Workshop”