[IC] IBM M2F Conversion Kit

gianni

01 Oct 2020, 18:25

If OP could offer also the IBM case, the cost wouldn't increase so much. About 30 USD more I think

cakeanalytics

28 Oct 2020, 04:14

Would be interesting to see this in a unicomp mini m case, if the mini m ever ships

DrYak

07 Nov 2020, 13:28

Hi, @fricked : any recent news on this project?
(Or newer pictures/designs/schematics of parts to share?)

fricked

10 Nov 2020, 02:39

DrYak wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 13:28
Hi, @fricked : any recent news on this project?
(Or newer pictures/designs/schematics of parts to share?)
Unfortunately I haven't been working on it lately :(
There was much less interest than I expected so this project doesn't seem very viable.
I might do it anyway counting on future uses for the flippers but for now I'm working on other things.
Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm and all the suggestions, if I have any updates I will post them here

Chyros

11 Nov 2020, 14:58

Sounds good, I'm definitely interested!

Nuum

11 Nov 2020, 21:00

Me too!

TheNeonKnight

22 Nov 2020, 08:26

You have my vote and money if it comes to.

zrrion

22 Nov 2020, 18:30

I can think of at least 4 boards I would want to convert with this if it ever comes to fruition.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 Nov 2020, 22:09

Reading this, I have to wonder if you're familiar with idollar's fabulous FSSK project here from a few years ago. It's exactly what OP is describing.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10744

I can't recall how I acquired the board files. idollar may have given them to me. They may have been somewhere on that thread. Anyway, these should be the latest and greatest Gerbers for FSSK and FEXT.

If you use these, please attribute idollar, and maybe send him a completed unit for free. I bet he'd really appreciate it.

I built my own FSSK. Getting it working was really tough. I hope you know what you're in for. I thought I had a build log here on DT somewhere, poke around for it.
Attachments
FEXT_v1.0b.zip
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
FSSK v1.00.zip
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “Workshop”