I did a guide of how to open Cherry switches...

Madhias
BS TORPE

01 Jun 2014, 21:15

If you have a Ducky Shine 3 keyboard, you need to open the keyboard case, and desolder the plate mounted switches. You don't need any special tools - you can use a normal kitchen knife or bare hands/nails to open the switches. On Youtube are a lot of videos with good visual explanation what to do (for example this one)!

Well, and also hello to you.

adjime

02 Jun 2014, 08:48

ok I command all that is necessary because I have no tools
Last edited by adjime on 02 Jun 2014, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

adjime

02 Jun 2014, 21:53

I made ​​this. while waiting for my soldering iron and everything else for desolder the plate mounted switches
Attachments
TOOLS REMOVE SWITCH
TOOLS REMOVE SWITCH
switch tools.png (527.23 KiB) Viewed 2193 times

Eszett

16 Jun 2015, 17:49

The paper clip method works like a botch. I destroyed some housing tops with paper clips, because the plastic bends. Especially Gateron housings seem to be of softer plastic than Cherry housings, and they bend easily. So, I recommend to avoid paper clips, unless you are in despair without any other option.
Madhias wrote:You don't need any special tools - you can use a normal kitchen knife or bare hands/nails to open the switches.
Can you show a video, where someone opens switches with his nails? :?:

chzel

16 Jun 2015, 20:10

You need to upgrade your paperclips!
A bit of grinding works wonders!
DSC_1060.jpg
DSC_1060.jpg (725.44 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Insert like so
DSC_1065.jpg
DSC_1065.jpg (784.25 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
make sure it goes in the little slit
and pinch.
I apologize for the dirty keyboard!

The last 5 minutes I've been trying to open a switch using only my fingernails but I have failed miserably. Made it to 3 clips undone but the forth...no way.
Maybe next full moon?

Return to “Workshop”