XT/AT/PS2/Terminal to USB Converter with NKRO

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2019, 21:17

Most likely. Soarer said he was working on finishing it up before going open source, then he vanished, never to be heard again. The person who subsequently reverse engineered it in his absence tried to get his permission, heard nothing, and didn’t publish their source, as I recall. Good old authorship and intellectual property!

What’s gotten your interest? I thought you were a TMK guy. I think Hasu has almost all of Soarer’s functionality now, plus much more, just in a different format that’s generally less non-coder friendly to begin.

Hasu’s GUI has been talking to me lately. I may switch over my converters. But it’s always so much easier for most of us when the binary is already there for you to start.

tentator

25 Jan 2019, 21:46

I would also prefer tmk as a converter nowadays.. to be honest, some features like space-fn implementation are imprescindible for me now..
Also if we could somehow "standardize" the way to define a keymap/layout it would be actually a great thing: immagine to be able to load layouts on any tmk/qmk, soarer, CommonSense, xwhatsit, etc! All understanding the same configurations...
I also miss a lot the non heterogenity of some fuctionalities like dual-role keys or taps between them..
Ideally the layout could be defined in a syntax like that of the keyboard-layout-editor.com but that's not enough and also the RAW syntax is a bit ugly tbh.. ;)

Return to “Workshop”