Soarer info request failed

micmil

27 Mar 2021, 05:21

Pulled out the M122 to do the long-overdue full remapping, change a couple of things, pull the lever Kronk, aaaaand...

Code: Select all

scwr v1.10
scwr: looking for Soarer's Converter: found
scwr: reading file: 74 bytes: ok
scwr: sending info request: failed
Yeah. Fun. As usual, it was working perfectly when I used it last. :lol:

Firmware flash time, or I missed a step?

*EDIT*
Just to head off the normal recommendations, yes I turned it off and back on again. I tried running scrd and that failed, scboot failed, it's all failing. But the keyboard is working perfectly fine including all of my previous changes so I've got that going for me.

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2021, 09:21

Give it a reflash. Is it a Teensy or a Pro Micro? The latter is a little harder to get into the bootloader.

But! Before you do: try the utilities on another keyboard with a Soarer's converter first. Check your system.

micmil

27 Mar 2021, 16:18

It's one of orihalcon's RJ terminal converters that I bought new just a few weeks ago, so not used or abused.

Scboot fails on boot request. All of the tools fail if they communicate with the converter.

Oh WTF... now it works but only if I have it plugged into the front panel USB 2.0 ports rather than into my USB 3.0 hub, which is what I used to program it in the first place.

Well then. Nothing to see here, I guess?

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2021, 11:33

USB hubs can be dicks, indeed. I don't know what the deal with them is, but when in doubt: route around them.

micmil

28 Mar 2021, 20:33

Muirium wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 11:33
USB hubs can be dicks, indeed. I don't know what the deal with them is, but when in doubt: route around them.
It's ridiculous, isn't it? My audio interface turns itself off intermittently if I run it through my hub, which is an indicator of low power... but it's a powered hub and not a cheap crap one either.

"On second thought, let's not use USB. 'Tis a silly connector." :lol:

Return to “Workshop”