Sandwich Keeb Cases - What Mustard Do You Use?

Sandpaper600

03 Apr 2022, 02:25

I know...you're probably a mayo person, but I really want to know what style/type hardware (read 'fasteners') do you use to hold your case together. I'm thinking about low profile wafer head cap screws....like M2.5x18. But I can't find a supplier that doesn't want $4 usd EACH!!!

So, being a complete nube, I thought I'd turn to the pro's to get some feedback.

Thoughts? Potato salad? I made it myself.

SP

Hak Foo

03 Apr 2022, 03:23

My first attempt used M3 pan-head screws (like 20 cents each from the local hardware shop) and a collection of standoff-style inserts from Banggood or the like. I ended up cobbling together different ones to get a range of heights.

My second attempt used specific length M2-threaded inserts, and a collection of M2 screws with washers big enough to cover the 4mm diameter openings in the sections.

Lanrefni

03 Apr 2022, 09:31

When I put my BFO-9000 together I used these M2 parts- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014K ... UTF8&psc=1

Had all the parts I needed and pretty damn cheap.

Muirium
µ

03 Apr 2022, 09:57

Mustard? Do these keyboards remind you of hot dogs? What other items trigger thoughts of frankfurters for you?

<Freud checks his calendar>

Sandpaper600

26 Apr 2022, 00:18

Muirium wrote:
03 Apr 2022, 09:57
Mustard? Do these keyboards remind you of hot dogs? What other items trigger thoughts of frankfurters for you?

<Freud checks his calendar>
Mustard on hotdogs!!?? Blasphemy I say! What's next...sour kraut? Pickles?? Please say you don't use chili with beans.... :o

Return to “Workshop”