Hello, and welcome to my Spicy Keyboard Zone

Spicy Nate

02 Jul 2022, 02:39

Hey guys, my name is Nate and I want to show off a keyboard I've been working on for god knows how long. Too long!

It's called the Taper 40, and the idea was to create a usable daily 40% keeb with a lot of aesthetic value.

(The Super key is the enter key)

It's got a built-in 5% angle,

And for now will be using an Arduino Micro as interface. I've got my first prototype PCBs in, so I'll be posting them soon. The whole idea with this project is to hand build each case with epoxy resin casting, while farming out PCB and plate making to outside manufacturers. This will allow me to create very quick turnaround products at low volume without having to organize insane group buys. I envision creating 100 Taper 40s or so by the end of 2022 unless this really blows up. Expected price point for the kit--2 part case, plate and PCB--will be $125-$175 or so. Sound interesting?

I hope to have a limited pre-order open within the next week or two once I start showing off the casting process, and hope to start deliveries mid-September.

But wait, there's more! A challenger approaches!

I'm also working on this 12 key macro pad as well as a 15 key variant. This thing fits your hand so dang well, it's nuts. This will likely stay a 3d printed product for now and I hope to sell it for less than $100.

Well, I hope I've intrigued you guys. I will be keeping you guys very updated over the next couple weeks before I go off on vacation late July to early August. This is only the beginning! I've been having so much fun developing this keeb and I already have a bunch of future layouts already planned!

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2022, 10:53

Those edges… they do something for me… 8-)
Spoiler:

Spicy Nate

02 Jul 2022, 18:08

I love it, Muirium!

Return to “Workshop”