Does anyone have a script to make Soarer's Converter Macros

apastuszak

05 Oct 2022, 01:24

I want to create a macro that will type certain phrases out, such as Thank You!, but typing:

MAKE LSHIFT
PRESS T
BREAK LSHIFT
PRESS H
PRESS A

is really getting old, especially when I want to set up a half dozen of these things.

Does anyone have a script that will let me enter a phrase and spit out a completed macro block I can just copy and paste into my sc file?

I'm sure I can bang something out in Python this evening, but why reinvent the wheel?

If no one has one, and would like a copy of whatever I come up with, let me know.

Muirium
µ

05 Oct 2022, 19:37

Specifically for typing (pass)words? ;)

I’ve moved all my macros into Karabiner but something like this would have been useful back when I did much the same in Soarer.

apastuszak

05 Oct 2022, 20:50

This is a work computer. I am not allowed to run anything like Karabiner or AutoHotKey. So, I need a hardware-based solution, like a Soarer's Converter.

I guess I am writing a script for myself.

Muirium
µ

05 Oct 2022, 21:05

Yep.

I did a few of these but not enough to put on the long wellies and wade into scripting. Regex is g(ob)|di:gūk to me else I’d have done it.

jsheradin

06 Oct 2022, 01:41

Something like this should work (I haven't tried it though):

Code: Select all

for char in input():
    if char.isupper():
        print("MAKE LSHIFT\nPRESS " + char + "\nBREAK LSHIFT")
    elif char == " ":
        print("PRESS SPACE")
    else:
        print("PRESS " + char)
You'd need a catch case for anything that's not a letter but you get the idea.

apastuszak

06 Oct 2022, 03:21

So, I learned something useful. My macro was triggered when I pressed RSHIFT and F1. Well, the caused the characters in the macro to type out as if I was holding the shift key down. To this, the first line in the macro has to be BREAK RSHIFT.

Has the same problem with macros to launch applications. LSHIFT + F3 would launch an app, by pressing LGUI waiting 100, breaking LGUI and typing the name of the application and pressing ENTER. Could not figure out why it wasn't working.

Return to “Workshop”