Replacing bemaspring coil springs

ArtyomTheMetroHopper

13 Apr 2023, 10:21

Just wanted to quickly ask if anyone knows what sort of springs I can use to replace the coils that help return the key after being pressed down. The ones I have are in terrible condition and the only replacement parts I can find were a ridiculous set of 90 gold plated springs on ebay for £100 with postage

Sangdrax

17 Apr 2023, 06:34

Seems a little high. I got the 90 gold spring set for 75CAD+ shipping for my own restoration. On the plus side, I now have like 70+ original springs in fantastic shape. I'll do $3 apiece if you need them. A little evaporust should save most of yours I would think.

Muirium
µ

17 Apr 2023, 11:08

I could probably use a few for my 3278 as well, here in Scotland. Maybe we could combine shipping?

Ellipse

19 Apr 2023, 07:27

Do you mean the springs in each beam spring module? I have thousands of new reproductions of these since the springs used in the new beam spring project are the same specifications as the originals and can be used in both IBM and new beam spring keyboards.

Everyone feel free to PM/email me if they need any replacement springs for lost/rusted/damaged beam springs.

Sangdrax

26 Apr 2023, 04:32

That's so cool man. I knew a lot of parts were the same but not the coil springs. Really makes me want to grab a Round 2.

Return to “Workshop”