Is this a suitable lubricant for MX switches?

Sugoi

21 Jan 2013, 20:14

Hello guys!

I have stumbled over this Teflon lubricant: http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/t ... s-lube.htm

Could you please tell me if you think it's suitable for lubing springs and stems?

If it's not, could you possibly recommend something that is suitable and also affordable at the same time (...), please? Thanks a lot in advance.

(I know that some lubricants were suggested in that "Is KG-8 The RO-59 Killah?" thread. However, the products mentioned there seem to be rather hard to come by in Europe - at least at a reasonable price...)

fossala
Elite +1

21 Jan 2013, 20:34

I wouldn't use it, well I do but on my bike. It's very thick as it's meant to last on a bike chain. I think it would gunk up the switches rather than making them smooth.
Using wet at the moment as it's winter.

Sugoi

21 Jan 2013, 21:18

Mhh, okay. Thanks a lot for your advise.

May I ask what lubricant you use, fossala? ^_^

fossala
Elite +1

21 Jan 2013, 21:20

Sugoi wrote:Mhh, okay. Thanks a lot for your advise.

May I ask what lubricant you use, fossala? ^_^
I use some leftover RO-59 that I got hold of ages ago. Was going to run a groupbuy but never got round to it. Maybe I should start it again. IDK going to be back at work in a week and busy.

Sugoi

21 Jan 2013, 21:31

I see... Well, that's too bad. x___X

Mhhh, do you possibly know this? (it seems to be a UK brand)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brand-Servisol- ... B000KHE1D0

According to the description it is meant to be used for cleaning and lubing electronic switches.

fossala
Elite +1

21 Jan 2013, 21:36

No, but at that price it can't hurt to give it a shot.

Sugoi

22 Jan 2013, 18:11

Too bad, some people on some forum wrote that this "Super 10" lubricant affects plastic in the long run. Well, I just keep looking then.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

24 Jan 2013, 19:20

You can always try some Krytox GLP-205. It's fairly cheap (if bought in small quantities) and is used by a lot of members. This should, AFAIK, be enough for a full keyboard.

Return to “Workshop”