Alternative controller experiments

__red__

29 Nov 2017, 22:42

Go LoRA or go home ;-D

pfoff

12 Jan 2018, 15:24

@pomk: Last Christmas?-)
As tmk has chibios support, one may try to compile tmk for the NRF51822(or later, whatever chibios supports).
Anybody has an example how to build with chips only supported from chibios-contrib. The softdevice is not working hasu said, but that should be fixable, at least I'd love to try it, but I can't build for the nordic chip. Makefile settings and config entries would be more than welcome. Anybody ever tried?

pomk

13 Jan 2018, 15:55

Sorry, did not have as much time for this as I imagined. As far as my use case the firmware is now feature complete and I’ll just verify the battery usage before releasing it. I managed to add wireless layout modification via a web page and on the go host switching in the last couple of weeks.

pfoff

13 Jan 2018, 17:18

Wow lots of features! I am trying to use the nrf51822 either as PS2 -> Bluetooth adapter(but i can't even find out how to set the Makefile to use the nrf51 settings from the chibios-contrib directory) or as Bluetooth adapter for my Teensy++.
Other way would be to use it together with the teensy in my custom board. I would like to hook it up via spi and use it as Bluetooth adapter. Wonder if it's possible to use the Bluefriend firmware on a generic nordic module.
Somebody should have done it already!?-)

rrrsss

28 Jan 2018, 04:09

is tmk on nrf51/52 also able to connect through bluetooth? if that is the case this is very exciting!
pfoff wrote: Wow lots of features! I am trying to use the nrf51822 either as PS2 -> Bluetooth adapter(but i can't even find out how to set the Makefile to use the nrf51 settings from the chibios-contrib directory) or as Bluetooth adapter for my Teensy++.
Other way would be to use it together with the teensy in my custom board. I would like to hook it up via spi and use it as Bluetooth adapter. Wonder if it's possible to use the Bluefriend firmware on a generic nordic module.
Somebody should have done it already!?-)
adafruit outlined how to upload their bluetooth firmware using nordic tools here

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... /faq#faq-8

pfoff

27 Feb 2018, 00:04

Seems a guy called IOxOI sorted it all out for the nrf51822:
https://github.com/I0x0I/DIY-A-BLE-Keyboard

joric

23 Apr 2019, 08:43

Return to “Workshop”