Taobao links spreadsheet

User avatar
Myoth

10 Jan 2019, 11:15

Taobao is an endless pit, here are bits of it !

Feel free to add stuff :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

Menuhin

10 Jan 2019, 12:38

I wanted to browse Taobao, but at some point they require login and I could not manage to find a way to create a Taobao account that asks for a China phone number.

Well, I just then have to give up this bottomless pit, and focus on some other shallower bottomless pits.

User avatar
Myoth

10 Jan 2019, 12:51

Yeah I know, but links like that allows to browse the recommended tab, so you're going to find similar items, might not be the most efficient way to find stuff but it's still something, and that's also I made this, because you can't really find much stuff without links.

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

10 Jan 2019, 13:07

Nice! Thanks!

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

23 Jan 2019, 19:54

Menuhin wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 12:38
I wanted to browse Taobao, but at some point they require login and I could not manage to find a way to create a Taobao account that asks for a China phone number.

Well, I just then have to give up this bottomless pit, and focus on some other shallower bottomless pits.
I signed up with my US cell phone number just fine.

User avatar
Raumfahrer

13 May 2019, 18:29

how does payment on Taobao work?

edit: interestingly it looks like Danger Zone is having another group buy...[?]
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... =12#detail

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

14 May 2019, 03:12

Raumfahrer wrote:
13 May 2019, 18:29
how does payment on Taobao work?

edit: interestingly it looks like Danger Zone is having another group buy...[?]
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... =12#detail
Maybe is Alipay. I 'm not sure because I use order service to buy somethings.

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

14 May 2019, 04:34

Raumfahrer wrote:
13 May 2019, 18:29
how does payment on Taobao work?
With an Alipay account (it signed me up automatically)

User avatar
Raumfahrer

14 May 2019, 06:47

quochung1989 wrote:
14 May 2019, 03:12
Maybe is Alipay. I 'm not sure because I use order service to buy somethings.
thanks for the answer - I see, is that using a different payment method?
abrahamstechnology wrote:
14 May 2019, 04:34
With an Alipay account (it signed me up automatically)
Thank you for the reply, if I could ask what payment source did you connect to Alipay? (was it an overseas credit card?)

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

14 May 2019, 07:59

Raumfahrer wrote:
14 May 2019, 06:47
quochung1989 wrote:
14 May 2019, 03:12
Maybe is Alipay. I 'm not sure because I use order service to buy somethings.
thanks for the answer - I see, is that using a different payment method?
Yes. I use bank transfer payment to order. Of course, price will little increase.
I think there 're order services in Japan.

User avatar
swampangel

14 May 2019, 14:14

I think I posted this elsewhere but here's a couple of links on ordering from Taobao directly or via an agent:

http://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao/

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepLadies/comm ... _an_agent/

I used Superbuy for my one-and-only order so far and the experience was easy, but shipping from the Superbuy warehouse was a little more expensive than I expected

User avatar
Raumfahrer

14 May 2019, 19:35

quochung1989 wrote:
14 May 2019, 07:59
Yes. I use bank transfer payment to order. Of course, price will little increase.
I think there 're order services in Japan.
I will try to look those up, thank you for the suggestion

User avatar
Raumfahrer

14 May 2019, 19:48

swampangel wrote:
14 May 2019, 14:14
I think I posted this elsewhere but here's a couple of links on ordering from Taobao directly or via an agent:

http://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao/

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepLadies/comm ... _an_agent/

I used Superbuy for my one-and-only order so far and the experience was easy, but shipping from the Superbuy warehouse was a little more expensive than I expected
this looks very helpful - thank you for sharing!

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

14 May 2019, 23:52

Raumfahrer wrote:
14 May 2019, 06:47


Thank you for the reply, if I could ask what payment source did you connect to Alipay? (was it an overseas credit card?)
I just used my normal bank card.

Post Reply

Return to “Taobao”