Best regular keyboard 2013

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

09 Dec 2013, 21:03

The nominees in the category Best regular keyboard 2013 are:

Ducky Shine 3 • The Ducky Shine 3 is Ducky's new backlit MX keyboard with USB N-Key rollover and repeat acceleration.

IBM 3278 beam spring keyboard • The IBM 3278 keyboard recently escaped its status as vintage but unusable, by applying xhwatsit's beam spring usb controller, so it can shine as one of the highest quality keyboards with the highest quality switches in history.

IBM Model F Personal Computer keyboard • The IBM Model F Personal Computer keyboard, sometimes simply addressed as the PC/XT or Model F XT keyboard, is a capacitive buckling spring keyboard with near ISO layout, a short reach to the mouse, NKRO, and the most click for your buck!

Topre Realforce HiPro keyboard • The Realforce HiPro ("High-Profile") is a full-size keyboard available in a couple of layouts, sporting high-quality Topre switches and spherical keycaps.

WASD V2 • The WASD V2 is a mechanical MX keyboard available in 104, 105, 87 and 88 key variants, has a high quality construction and various DIP switch settings.

And the Wingnut for Best regular keyboard 2013, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

The WASD V2 is a mechanical MX keyboard available in 104, 105, 87 and 88 key variants, has a high quality construction and various DIP switch settings.

A WASD V2 105-Key ISO version.

7bit

09 Dec 2013, 21:33

Protest!
:mad:

I could not vote for my 122 key Model M!!!
:shock:

Muirium
µ

09 Dec 2013, 21:35

The IBM vote was split anyway. How else could an MX beat a buckling spring? Anyway, congrats to WASD. Their configurability is legend.

bhtooefr

09 Dec 2013, 21:39

Muirium wrote:The IBM vote was split anyway. How else could an MX beat a buckling spring? Anyway, congrats to WASD. Their configurability is legend.
I think it's time for a vote to be called for how the final round works. When I get home and am not using Tapatalk, I'll put one up in the club member polls section.

Return to “Results”