Best relic/discovery 2013

Jmneuv

27 Nov 2013, 00:54

aaaahh too many discoveries can't check them all out till tomorrow
we need a haata batch nominate script

edit: okay, the Univac F-1355-00 is already nominated, my other favourite the IBM RT E57888 was 2012;

Dubsgalore

27 Nov 2013, 03:05

tinnie wrote:Let me sum up what I had found this year.... :evilgeek:
10x G81-3000 HKNNO NIB :?
G81-8904 HPMRB NIB :shock:
13x IBM SSK :?
46x IBM 6019284 :shock:
20x IBM 6019273 :?
IBM 41G3600 :shock:

Andddd..... a 1395682 for webwit. :?

My vote goes for tin :lol:

kevinsalinas

17 Mar 2016, 19:06

Finally! Found another typewriter model with the Marquardt Butterfly switches, the closest switches I have to beamspring, and waaaaaay simpler.
Olympia ES 101
Image[/quote]

Excuse me could you tell me if you know the price of a typewritter like this one ?
Thank you in advance

jacobolus

18 Mar 2016, 09:45

kevinsalinas wrote: Excuse me could you tell me if you know the price of [an Olympia ES 101] typewriter [..]? Thank you in advance
The original list price when the typewriters were new in the early 1980s was well over a thousand dollars. At the time, used ones went for $500+.

Today, they’re not of especially general interest, because nobody uses typewriters anymore. For someone trying to convert it to a computer keyboard, many hours of electrical engineering / programming / case construction work are required. Thus, I wouldn’t expect the price to go much past $50 + shipping to someone who wants to convert the keyboard for modern use (that is what I paid for a couple similar typewriters), but I have no idea what someone else might spend. A couple others that I have seen on ebay sat unwanted at a $200 price for a while, and then disappeared unsold. Maybe bought by someone in person? Maybe the seller got tired of making repetitive listings?

If you can find a typewriter collector who wants one, and a typewriter in very good condition, I could imagine the price getting past $100, maybe higher, but I really have no idea. I don’t know any electronic typewriter collectors to ask.

I could also imagine these things selling for <$20 at a thrift store or flea market. It all depends on the buyer and the context.

Return to “Call for nominees”