Best space-saving/compact keyboard 2013

Muirium
µ

25 Nov 2013, 13:58

zulios wrote:I would like to nominate the Access-IS AKC090 keyboard.
Compact, programmable, with for once a well designed matrix layout (15*6 and not 12*8 like similar tipros) that allows to get a slightly modified standard layout.
http://www.access-is.com/pdf/Programmab ... boards.pdf
Flashier caps by default than a Tipro too.

bhtooefr

25 Nov 2013, 14:16

I'll nominate the Matias Mini Tactile Pro purely on the basis of its keyswitches.

I friggin love the Matias Click switches.

Mind you, I love them on my full size Tactile Pro, and haven't used the Mini, but it looks like a decent layout.

CPTBadAss

26 Nov 2013, 03:55

I would like to cast my vote for the TEK-80. I had the privilege of helping out a little on Photekq's project and it's one of the coolest projects I've seen come to fruition.

Belfong

26 Nov 2013, 08:01

webwit wrote:
Belfong wrote:Code Keyboard TKL? Or WASD V2?
Is this a nomination or a question?
When I posted that message it was a nomination. But I now realise that not many people owned a Code due to its limited availability. As such, there may not be a point in nominating. What does the other think? If I were to vote, I would now vote HHKB :)

CeeSA

26 Nov 2013, 08:22

This thread is about nominees as stated in the Topic. Please read the OP...
Please suggest nominees for the Best space-saving/tenkeyless/compact keyboard or keyboard family in 2013. You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion.

Jmneuv

27 Nov 2013, 01:25

Hmm why's the GH60 not in here? Some kind of mute protest?
It's in "best input device mod".. wth?
Since i'm not informed about any protest i maybe should have better been part of i'll just bluntly step forward and nominate it.
It's incredibly flexible and i think the prototyping idea was a good one; although that idea was more or less rendered useless by the huge changes made afterwards. Just wish it were phantom-size.

Muirium
µ

27 Nov 2013, 02:06

I think the award categories are a bit confusing, that's all. Best mod is acting as a catch-all for noncommercial projects. Certainly, we think differently about efforts like GH60, Phantom and (kinda-sorta) Ergodox than Filco, Ducky, Topre etc. In fact I'd consider Soarer's work as a whole different thing again.

Webwit says he wants to keep the categories few and simple. I agree, but think they need a tweak to match what the community is doing better.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2013, 02:27

The setup is completely open for discussion and change. I even may not be the organizer next time, it's the dt awards, not the webwit awards. Note though that round 1 doesn't define official nominees. Someone named the GH60 under Best mod. If you think that's right, vote for it in round 2. If you think that's wrong, don't. The last two years that worked out well.

CeeSA

27 Nov 2013, 10:25

@Jmneuv - protest? What are you talking about? Sounds paranoid for me.

Just nominate whatever you want - done.

Jmneuv

27 Nov 2013, 11:13

Jeez can i be ironic without appending a thousand smilies..

Return to “Call for nominees”