Best ergonomic input device 2013

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Nov 2013, 01:52

Please suggest nominees for the Best ergonomic input device in 2013. You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion. It is not a requirement that the device was released in 2013. If you think a vintage device was the best, you can suggest it.

Current suggestions (this list is frequently updated):
  • Tipro keyboard systems
  • Key64
  • Kensington Slimblade
  • Ergodox
  • Razer Orbweaver
  • Kinesis Advantage
  • Cherry G80-5000
  • DataHand
  • CTR Trackball

7bit

22 Nov 2013, 10:13

Because Hyper keyboards do not yet exist:
The Tipro keyboard systems!
Attachments
Tipro_with_Round4_SPH.jpg
Tipro_with_Round4_SPH.jpg (131.53 KiB) Viewed 19330 times

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2013, 10:15

That second picture is exactly what I have in mind for my Tipro… with NKRO! (Coming soon.)

CeeSA

22 Nov 2013, 11:10

Yeah Tipro, I can wholeheartedly agree!

Findecanor

22 Nov 2013, 19:10

I don't agree about the "ortholinear" (matrix) layout.

Someone else is probably going to nominate the ErgoDox... but it has flaws that made it quite a bit of a disappointment to me.
I would instead like to nominate the Key64 that the ErgoDox was officially inspired by (the credit is on the ErgoDox's PCB). It does not have those ergonomic flaws - the column offsets and distances to thumb keys are not as bad. It is what the ErgoDox should have been. A "consolation nomination" for the Key64 never being produced, if you will ...

Daniel

22 Nov 2013, 21:01

The Kensington Slimblade. I think the ability to scroll through rotating the ball is very ergonomic.

Although I hadn't had the possibility to test one myself, I think the Ergodox Project should be nominated as well.

I don't find the link now but someone found this old ergonomical keyboard which was presented on the Cebit in the beginning of the nineties. I think the inventor was far ahead of his time.

7bit

22 Nov 2013, 21:05

Ergodox should get the Ping award, because the group buy had been outsorced to a commercial entity!
:mad:

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Nov 2013, 00:18

Won last year!

TheSoulhunter

23 Nov 2013, 08:52

The Orbweaver!
It's overpriced, but it got rid of the strain and pain in my left hand :3

Kurk

24 Nov 2013, 10:37

Kinesis Advantage.
IMO the best commercially available ergonomic keyboard that is currently in production.

tinnie

24 Nov 2013, 10:52

G80-5000HAA/MRB/PO/SL/US/DE/NO/SF/IT/GB, an ergonomic keyboard which isn't "that" ergonomic.

G80-5000HAMRB, belong to a former cherry ru employee.

JBert

24 Nov 2013, 16:21

Sorry, but when I think "ergonomic" I still think of the datahand. It's a great design, the main thing blocking it from popularity (for those who need it) is the high cost but that doesn't detract from its appeal.

ماء

24 Nov 2013, 16:55

CTR Trackball juga bagus

Return to “Call for nominees”