Best deskthority forum contributor 2013

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Nov 2013, 01:56

Please suggest nominees for the Best deskthority forum contributor in 2013. You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion. You cannot nominate yourself.

Current suggestions (this list is frequently updated):
  • Mrinterface for his surprise bag, switch try boards and other projects
  • matt3o for the Brownfox, custom keyboard threads, group buys, etc.
  • 7bit for his groupbuys and other contributions
  • Muirium for being all over the place, answering questions, flaunting keyboards
  • Ducky Nordic for his communication and all the other stuff

7bit

22 Nov 2013, 09:48

Mr. Interface for his Surprise bag, his many other projects, switch try boards etc.

Halvar

22 Nov 2013, 10:27

matt3o for the brownfox and "building a custom keyboard" threads and his many other contributions, including group buys (both those that happened and those that didn't in the end), also for his great group buy software.

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2013, 10:32

Definitely! He's been busy on fantastic little keyboards of his own, all year, and helping out a lot of the rest of us too. It's a great honour to work with such a prolific and natural craftsman.

Not only did he make these, but he shared his methods and assisted many others too.

Steely:

Brownfox:

And more to come…

Topre Enthusiast

22 Nov 2013, 10:38

And he's only been here for a bit over a year :)
Most people are still finding their feet but this guy obviously knows his shit.

tinnie

22 Nov 2013, 11:08

7bit for the groupbuy and such. ^.^

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Nov 2013, 11:11

I'm flattered, guys. don't think I deserve a nominee, I'm pretty much a rookie here :)

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2013, 11:16

Everyone's a rookie! Well, besides Webwit who's a suspiciously long lived duck, and 7bit who's older than Unix and will still be readable in centuries to come.

Speaking of which: Tinnie's right, we need 7bit on the ballot!

7bit

22 Nov 2013, 11:21

matt3o wrote:I'm flattered, guys. don't think I deserve a nominee, I'm pretty much a rookie here :)
Before you, there was a yellow robot with the same name, so maybe it was him who contributed so much to us.
:-)
Muirium wrote:Everyone's a rookie! Well, besides Webwit who's a suspiciously long lived duck, and 7bit who's older than Unix and will still be readable in centuries to come.

Speaking of which: Tinnie's right, we need 7bit on the ballot!
I'M NOT OLDER THAN UNIX!!!¡
:mad:

tinnie

22 Nov 2013, 11:26

7bit: your forum profile said you're 101. :x

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2013, 11:27

Sure 7bit's older than Unix.
On March 11, 1968, U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson mandated that all computers purchased by the United States federal government support 7bit ASCII, stating:

All computers and related equipment configurations brought into the Federal Government inventory on and after July 1, 1969, must have the capability to use the Standard Code for Information Interchange and the formats prescribed by the magnetic tape and paper tape standards when these media are used.

And they all better be compatible with those nice whatdya call them, spherical caps? Yeah. I like those.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Nov 2013, 11:30

7bit wrote:
matt3o wrote:I'm flattered, guys. don't think I deserve a nominee, I'm pretty much a rookie here :)
Before you, there was a yellow robot with the same name, so maybe it was him who contributed so much to us.
that was before my 8bit period :P

pasph

22 Nov 2013, 12:30

matt3o

JBert

22 Nov 2013, 19:22

Muirium.

Seriously, the guy is all over the place, answering questions, flaunting keyboards. Do I still have to explain myself?

Ekaros

22 Nov 2013, 20:19

Hmm should I suggest for Ducky Nordic for the communication he has provided, and stuff ;D

7bit

22 Nov 2013, 20:44

Muirium posts as much as Ripster, but is not as annoying and even posts great photos without watermark, so I think he is worth to be nominated.

Halvar

22 Nov 2013, 22:03

Can 7bit be nominated although he's an admin? He posts a lot of incomprehensible smileys, but does great group buys and is not as annoying as Ripster. I think he is worth to be nominated. :P

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Nov 2013, 22:05

Yes, because Admin is being dissolved as we have transformed into a club.

Soarer

22 Nov 2013, 22:07

"Not as annoying as ripster"

Such high praise! :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2013, 03:21

I wonder about the percentage of members who would not be as annoying as ripster.

Jmneuv

27 Nov 2013, 01:11

webwit are you out of the equation for this one too?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2013, 01:14

I'm afraid so. But once customs lets go of the wingnuts I'll be able to at least fondle them.

Jmneuv

27 Nov 2013, 01:30

hehe, don't you fondle a wing off

Return to “Call for nominees”