Daniel Beardsmore
64%
HaaTa
26%

Total votes: 80

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Dec 2013, 01:23

Please vote for your winner of the award for the Best deskthority wiki contributor 2013.

By voting in this category you can win a Shine Special from Ducky Nordic.

This is the final round. See the first round and second round for reference.

The official nominees are:

002's contributions are most famous for his extensive work on everything related to Topre. For example, check out his impressive Realforce article!

What Topre keyboard is this? The wiki knows, thanks to 002.

Daniel
Daniel contributed to various articles and photo galleries and is a great example of the kind of editor, if most members contributed like him, our wiki would be much more complete.

The Marquardt mini keyboard.

Daniel Beardsmore
He is a mean lean wiki machine! Beardsmore is the driving power and main author of the deskthority wiki and conquerer of the Alps vortex, turning the wiki into the world's best keyboard reference.

No man survived the Alps vortex. That is, before it was conquered and defeated by Beardsmore.

HaaTa
Deskthority's main archaeologist not only finds the rarest vintage keyboards, but also started to document them. Do you want more? Give this man a vote!

The Cherry M11 switch. Rediscovered and documented by HaaTa.

kint

04 Dec 2013, 10:34

beardsmore since Haata got my relic vote. Didn't notice the others, which is my fault most likely anyway. :(

Kurk

04 Dec 2013, 12:58

Easy: Beardsmore.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

04 Dec 2013, 15:07

I don't know if it's an easy pick! Pretty hard lineup IMO.

Daniel Beardsmore

04 Dec 2013, 19:42

D'oh … it occurred to me last night that I should have nominated two other people who have been key to the growth of the wiki:
  • Sandy, with whom I've been corresponding this year regarding Futaba and Alps
  • alps.tw, who is not well-known in the west (and to my knowledge doesn't speak English), but who has a scarily impressive collection of switches and keyboards, and who—like Sandy and MouseFan—has graciously permitted us to use his photos on the wiki
My list of acknowledgements is ever growing, but the work of Sandy and alps.tw in particular has been critical.

7bit

04 Dec 2013, 19:50

I see you already prepare the speech you will hold when you easily win this contest.
:evilgeek:

Daniel Beardsmore

04 Dec 2013, 21:48

My acknowledgements list is already on my user page on the wiki. It's not a secret. It may be nice, though, to make the list formal on a dedicated wiki page. There's a Deskthority wiki namespace — not sure what's on there.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Dec 2013, 15:11

The vote closes on Monday 9 December at 20:00 UTC. Vote now!

The two nominees with currently the most votes are (in alphabetical order):
Spoiler:
Daniel Beardsmore
HaaTa

Daniel Beardsmore

06 Dec 2013, 23:08

Where is that Alps switches photo from, by the way? Whoever owns that might have some useful information and some photos for the wiki. (You can see the logo on the orange Alps, something that is a lot more common than I realised, but usually invisible on photos due to the focus and lighting.)

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Dec 2013, 01:44

I don't remember, I saved it to my hd from (I think) OTD some years ago, for being impressive. Might have been kbdmania too. Korean for sure.

Return to “Final vote”