Deskthority Awards 2014 - Call for sponsors [closed]

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Oct 2014, 20:28

EDIT: We have our sponsors, thanks everybody for your interest!

This is a call for sponsors for this year's Deskthority Awards, which takes place between November 21 and December 8.

Each year we have some sponsors for prizes which voters can win by random draw, for reference see the first three editions:
http://deskthority.net/deskthority-awards-2013-f43/
http://deskthority.net/deskthority-awards-2012-f34/
http://deskthority.net/deskthority-awards-f28/

Here you can see what last years' sponsor topics looked like:
http://deskthority.net/dta-news-f76/

For us, this is just a bit of fun, but for you, this is a great chance to promote your brand or products, and in general a chance to support a forum which promotes quality input devices. Because how many mechanical keyboards or keycaps would you sell if forums like deskthority and gh wouldn't exist?

Please PM me if you're interested in providing a prize. It usually works best if you provide a choice of prizes, so there's always something for a winner to pick and like. If you just provide that ISO keyboard with Cherry Browns, it will probably be won by an ANSI guy loving Cherry Blues.

We'll make a prize/sponsor topic for each sponsor at the start of the Awards, and draw winners at the end. You can provide logos, stock art or product photos for us to use in your prize topic. Note that the prize should be shipped directly to the winner, not to deskthority, and that the winner might live on the other side of the world.

Muirium
µ

02 Oct 2014, 20:30

You know it's autumn when the geese flock overhead, and awards season kicks off again. Fingers crossed this is another good one!

7bit

02 Oct 2014, 20:47

Holy shit! I had still not shipped the prix surprise!!!
:oops:

Nevertheless:
I sponsor a complete collection of Hyper prototypes!
:ugeek:

rindorbrot

02 Oct 2014, 22:00

7bit wrote: Nevertheless:
I sponsor a complete collection of Hyper prototypes!
:ugeek:
Delivery after Round 5 has shipped? :D

7bit

02 Oct 2014, 22:02

I'm waiting for the prototype of the Micro. If it is good, I will order all other prototypes.
:-)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Oct 2014, 09:05

is it that time of the year already?

the1onewolf

03 Oct 2014, 11:13

Ooohhh cool

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 23:25

matt3o wrote: is it that time of the year already?
No, we still have September!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Oct 2014, 09:41

I may have some custom keycaps... still unsure sorry, I'm waiting for samples from shapeways, they just emailed me saying that they delayed shipment by 3 weeks...... I'll keep you posted.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

14 Oct 2014, 22:59

Participating this year too...ill dig something nice for a prize

pexon

15 Nov 2014, 23:48

Im in again :)

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Nov 2014, 23:53

Yes!

We currently have as sponsors: The Keyboard Company, Cooler Master, 7bit and Pexon. matt3o and Ducky Nordic (missing in action) still not sure.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Nov 2014, 10:52

webwit wrote: Yes!

We currently have as sponsors: The Keyboard Company, Cooler Master, 7bit and Pexon. matt3o and Ducky Nordic (missing in action) still not sure.
how's that?

I have a wingnut, if you want it, it's yours.

I also ordered this at shapeways. I should get it by the end of the month. If it works it's yours as well.

The pumpkin key is too heavy and doesn't work on light switches. I redesigned it to be lighter but I haven't got the new version yet. Sorry.

Edit: oh you need an official PM. okay, I thought this was enough. Hold on just a sec :)

Muirium
µ

16 Nov 2014, 12:32

Wingnuts come with a string attached: it goes straight back to Webwit. If Daniel doesn't want it back, send it home. Well, unless you win it yourself this year I suppose. Then you must act surprised and grateful!

The sponsorships are, of course, as prizes for the voters. A pumpkin cap would definitely work for that. Though I can't even figure out what your CAD above actually is, so that would be a wildcard! (The top reminds me of Imperial designs from Star Wars, like a TIE Fighter cockpit or the Death Star…)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Nov 2014, 12:40

Muirium wrote: Well, unless you win it yourself this year I suppose
I do not accept prizes this year.
Muirium wrote: Though I can't even figure out what your CAD above actually is, so that would be a wildcard! (The top reminds me of Imperial designs from Star Wars, like a TIE Fighter cockpit or the Death Star…)
follow the link.

Muirium
µ

16 Nov 2014, 12:44

Ah, comics. Unknown terrain to me! (Grew up with the wrong sort.)

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Nov 2014, 22:59

Thanks everybody for your interest! This year's sponsors will be:

The Keyboard Company, Cooler Master, 7bit, Pexon, matt3o and Electronics Plus (elecplus).

macmakkara

20 Nov 2014, 13:08

Ahh nice Iron man design there matt3o!

Return to “DTA news”