Win a pumpkin and arc reactor key from matt3o

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Nov 2014, 19:22

By voting in the third and final round from 3 to 8 December in at least one of the following categories:
Best alternative or other input device 2014, Best keyboard innovation 2014
...you can win the following prize:

A special pumpkin and arc reactor* keycap.

This prize is kindly provided by matt3o, who also sponsors one Wingnut keycap for a category winner!

* If the development of the prototype is successful.

This is a worldwide contest. To be eligable for this contest, you need to have a minimum of 10 posts on this site before the vote closes on Monday 8 December 20:00hrs UTC. A random winner will be selected soon afterwards and announced by special guest star the Keyboard Oracle. Good luck!

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

24 Nov 2014, 15:48

These are pretty cool Matteo :mrgreen: Nice!

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

08 Dec 2014, 22:34

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: And the winner is...

Nuum

Nuum

08 Dec 2014, 22:35

Yay, thanks!

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 22:36

Very nice prize. I wonder what Matteo calls them, in general? Like how Clackfactory has Clacks, Matteo makes…?

Nuum

08 Dec 2014, 22:38

"Matts"?

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 22:40

See, collectors gotta have a name! What else are you going to prowl the internet with? You can just tell these are only the beginning of his wares.

Nuum

08 Dec 2014, 22:42

I'm sure he'll find a decent name for them, or it will develop on its own. I really hope to see more keycaps from matt3o, these look awesome so far.

Findecanor

08 Dec 2014, 23:01

You could put them as "prize"s in a cereal box and call them Matt-e-Ooooos.

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 23:07

(My cunning plan is coming along well: to prompt him to come up with a name before one of ours sticks!)

byFd

09 Dec 2014, 09:27

Nice win ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

09 Dec 2014, 11:08

if we really have to find them a name I would call them "bots"... but there's already "brobot"... so maybe I should come up with something better

Nuum

16 Dec 2014, 14:25

My prize came today, these keycaps are awesome! Thank you very much Matt3o!

Here is a photo, please excuse the bad image quality. My camera is out of charge, so I had to take the photo with my phone.
FaceU with Matt3os Keycaps.jpg
FaceU with Matt3os Keycaps.jpg (874.65 KiB) Viewed 22119 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Dec 2014, 15:38

glad you like them Nuum!

beware that the arc reactor has a specific direction. The bottom bolt should line up with the side stripe.

Cheers!

JBert

16 Dec 2014, 15:58

Interesting keycap puller you have. Was it curved like that when you got it?

Nuum

16 Dec 2014, 16:03

Nope, it wasn't. It's one of the first keyboard related items I ever bought and as foolishly as I was I got it underneath a PCB-mounted switch and pulled quite hard. As it slipped of the switch the keycap I was intending to pull flew across the room and I found it three days later. That's why there is a kink in the wires.
Also, since I pulled some larger keycaps with it, the two parts are a little bit too far away from each other, but it was curved when I bought it new.

Return to “DTA news”