Stinky board
17%
Synaptics ForcePad
18%

Total votes: 71

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2014, 01:00

Please vote for your winner of the award for the Best alternative or other input device in 2014.

By voting in this category you can win a pumpkin and arc reactor key from matt3o!

This is the final round. See the first round and second round for reference.

The final round ends on Monday 8 December, 20:00hrs UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round. The winner and full results will be released soon after the vote closes.

The official nominees are, as presented by macmakkara:

3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless
Connect on a deeper level with your 3D content. SpaceMouse Pro Wireless's patented 6-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) controller cap delivers natural feeling 3D navigation designed specifically for professionals.

Smoothly pan, zoom and rotate models and cameras.

Contour RollerMouse Red
The revolution of pointing devices continues with the third generation of the RollerMouse! Behold the Contour RollerMouse RED.

Now with color!

Stinky board
The Stinky board is a new controller for games, and it stinks! This is new revolutionary gamepad for games. It gives your feet D-pad controls that you can bind to anything that comes in mind. Warning in long use this might get Stinky!

It stinks.

Synaptics ForcePad
The ForcePad is a new dimension in Synaptics touchpads. They added force (pressure) sensing to their innovative touchpads. Now you can be Jedi or Sith when using your new ForcePad.

Use the Force!

jacobolus

03 Dec 2014, 08:25

I must say, I’m not too impressed with any of these. I should’ve done some more hunting to find good input device nominees.

Madhias
BS TORPE

03 Dec 2014, 12:14

The strangest of all categories of the awards. A tuned Synaptics touchpad? A stinky board?
Spoiler:

bhtooefr

03 Dec 2014, 20:37

And three of the four nominations that made it were me just looking for things to nominate so that the category had enough choices. I'm honestly not sure what to vote for, though! I haven't used any of them, although I'm going to get a trial unit of the RollerMouse Red.

jacobolus

03 Dec 2014, 22:37

Can we get a vote option for “none of these deserve a wingnut”?

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2014, 22:52

Come to think of it, isn't this the category where mice fall, too? We've got a pretty weak track record in covering those on our 99.9% keyboard forum. This prize likely needs a rethink next year, instead of being the miscellaneous catch-all.

IanM

05 Dec 2014, 08:30

I must admit I didn't really think about nominating mice for this catagory, the title made me think of the unusual stuff like the devices nominated and I didn't really have anything to suggest, but I could've put forward a mouse or two in the nominations. Oh well, maybe next year...

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Dec 2014, 22:11

The vote closes on Monday 8 December at 20:00 UTC. Vote now!

The two nominees with currently the most votes are (in alphabetical order):
Spoiler:
3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless
Contour RollerMouse Red

albion

05 Dec 2014, 22:29

Stinky Board please.....I'll take two. Well not really, I can't see it ever breaking...unless you use sticks of dynamite lol. Love that thing. Again, really good for handicapped as well as a one up for non-disabled :)

bhtooefr

08 Dec 2014, 20:17

Ended up voting for the RollerMouse because it's the only one that I actually would consider buying.

Return to “Final vote”