Best alternative or other input device 2014

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

08 Dec 2014, 21:32

The nominees in the category Best alternative or other input device 2014 are:

3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless • Connect on a deeper level with your 3D content. SpaceMouse Pro Wireless's patented 6-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) controller cap delivers natural feeling 3D navigation designed specifically for professionals.

Contour RollerMouse Red • The revolution of pointing devices continues with the third generation of the RollerMouse! Behold the Contour RollerMouse RED.

Stinky board • The Stinky board is a new controller for games, and it stinks! This is new revolutionary gamepad for games. It gives your feet D-pad controls that you can bind to anything that comes in mind. Warning in long use this might get Stinky!

Synaptics ForcePad • The ForcePad is a new dimension in Synaptics touchpads. They added force (pressure) sensing to their innovative touchpads. Now you can be Jedi or Sith when using your new ForcePad.

And the Wingnut for Best alternative or other input device 2014, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

The revolution of pointing devices continues with the third generation of the RollerMouse! Behold the Contour RollerMouse RED.

Now with color!

Daniel Beardsmore

08 Dec 2014, 21:43

Uh …

andrewjoy

08 Dec 2014, 21:44

i would love to try one but they are bloody expensive

dorkvader

08 Dec 2014, 21:45

The Keyboard Oracle wrote: Image

The revolution of pointing devices continues with the third generation of the RollerMouse! Behold the Contour RollerMouse RED.

Now with color!
So was it the rollermouse or the spacemouse that won?

EDIT: The Keyboard Oracle has corrected.

Compgeke

09 Dec 2014, 04:07

Nope, it's really the Roller Mouse that won. I can see the results and space mouse was second place, 4 votes behind.

bhtooefr

09 Dec 2014, 05:09

I've been playing phone tag with one of their account reps trying to get a sample.

The SpaceMouse... it's really such a niche product that I'm not surprised it didn't win, it's completely a CAD navigation tool.

Really, the ForcePad is the least niche item here, and I'm not surprised that this community doesn't care all that much about trackpads. :P

Return to “Results”