Best input device mod, device or software 2014

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

08 Dec 2014, 21:36

The nominees in the category Best input device mod, device or software 2014 are:

Hasu's last version of the HHKB BT module • Hasu upgraded his HHKB controller to include Bluetooth! He has done great work for people who have a HHKB and want to it to be a fully programmable on-the-go Bluetooth keyboard!

MC HCK controllerMC HCK or McHack is a tiny opensource custom controller for small and big projects. This is made and developed by community for community and from geek to geek. It is cheap and has lots of upgrade potential!

Xwhatsit's Model F controller • Here comes xwhatsit's beamspring controller for the Model F! These are revisited versions of xwhatsit's capsense controllers tailored for IBM Model F keyboards. With these some lucky people out there have revived their IBM 4704 Keyboards from their long sleep like princes kissing sleeping beauties!

And the Wingnut for Best input device mod, device or software 2014, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

Here comes xwhatsit's beamspring controller for the Model F! These are revisited versions of xwhatsit's capsense controllers tailored for IBM Model F keyboards. With these some lucky people out there have revived their IBM 4704 Keyboards from their long sleep like princes kissing sleeping beauties!

Magic!

chzel

08 Dec 2014, 21:37

A well deserved win!

7bit

08 Dec 2014, 21:50

Congratulation!
:ugeek:

andrewjoy

08 Dec 2014, 21:54

Without the controller this post would not be possible!

scottc

08 Dec 2014, 22:12

Very well-deserved. Well done, Xwhatsit!

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 22:16

Hear hear. You've made a lot of us very happy indeed by sharing your work, and even making our hardware for us. Superb!

Nuum

08 Dec 2014, 22:48

Congratulations, I hope I'll get a keyboard eventually that needs such a controller. ;)

xwhatsit

09 Dec 2014, 08:51

Cheers guys! I feel a bit embarassed winning this twice. Thanks for all your help and feedback producing them. I'm glad people are getting use out of them and it's great to see people now going off and manufacturing these on their own. Good thing Cindy keeps finding new boards, otherwise these wouldn't be so long-lived!

Muirium
µ

09 Dec 2014, 12:24

Your GUI is so much improved that you deserve a second win. I love that thing, keeps me safely way from code! The fact your controller is targeted at some of our very favourite boards of all, well, that helps too!

HAL

09 Dec 2014, 22:19

Congrats!
Because of your work my son will be able to use a Model F Unsaver on a modern PC.

macmakkara

09 Dec 2014, 22:47

HAL wrote: Congrats!
Because of your work my son will be able to use a Model F Unsaver on a modern PC.

Grats!

And im trying to figure out Model F unsaver layout.... Mind sharing? =)

Hypersphere

11 Dec 2014, 00:51

Congratulations and thank you!

HAL

12 Dec 2014, 21:11

macmakkara wrote:
HAL wrote: Congrats!

Grats!

And im trying to figure out Model F unsaver layout.... Mind sharing? =)
I have no clue yet, except to convert it to US-ANSI

Return to “Results”