Best keyboard innovation 2014

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

08 Dec 2014, 21:41

The nominees in the category Best keyboard innovation 2014 are:

Buckling spring with a cherry on top" converters by matt3o • Tinkerer extraordinaire, matt3o brings us the timeless typing experience of buckling springs with the overwhelming choice of Cherry MX compatible keycaps...who says you can't have the best of both worlds?

Mrinterface's Alps<>MX adapters • Alps switches are fantastic, but it's not always easy to get hold of good quality keycaps for them. Enter Mrinterface, and his Cherry to Alps adapter project. There seems to be a trend forming here...

NovaTouch TKL by Cooler Master/CM Storm • OK, trend confirmed; almost everyone wants to use Cherry MX compatible keycaps, and Cooler Master is no exception. The NovaTouch TKL is an important milestone for those who like the feel of Topre's switches, but were struggling with the lack of keycap customisation options.

SP's Pimp My Keyboard for enabling some interesting little GBs • Signature Plastics continued to impress, especially with Pimp My Keyboard, which allowed people to easily start new productions, with all the logistics taken out of their hands.

And the Wingnut for Best keyboard innovation 2014, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

OK, trend confirmed; almost everyone wants to use Cherry MX compatible keycaps, and Cooler Master is no exception. The NovaTouch TKL is an important milestone for those who like the feel of Topre's switches, but were struggling with the lack of keycap customisation options.

A NovaTouch TKL without its stock caps will be a familiar sight for most owners

7bit

08 Dec 2014, 21:49

I had wished it would be one of the innovations from matt3o or MrInterface. But on the other hand, they are not yet a real product, so I think the NovaTouch deserves the prize!
:cool:

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

09 Dec 2014, 08:10

Very happy to receive this award! Many thanks to the DT community :mrgreen:

CM Pim
Cooler Master Rep

09 Dec 2014, 11:09

Great news! Thanks for the votes. :D Motivation level: over 9000!

Return to “Results”