Best input device photo 2014

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

08 Dec 2014, 21:56

The nominees in the category Best input device photo 2014 are:

Photo 20 by Muirium - IBM 3276 beamspring, with bonus rust • Muirium's IBM 3276 beamspring keyboard is a great score all the way from Dresden. Clearly the arrow keys are pointing to all parts which need restoration.

Photo 11 by Phosphorglow - 6x IBM SSK colored plates • Six mungy, manky, downright rotten SSKs get a makeover from the master. Saved by none other than the SSK wizard himself: Phosphorglow. If you think this shot is magic, look at how they started.

Photo 16 by Snoopy - Black Kishsaver with Clickclack • Every Kishsaver is special. (Have you tried to get your hands on one?) But Snoopy went the extra mile with his elegant, minimalist black restoration, topped off with a Clack.

Photo 22 by mr_a500 - IBM 3278 beam spring keyboard • IBM's prehistoric [wiki]Beam Spring[/wiki]s are making a comeback, thanks to Xwhatsit's work on hooking them up to USB. Mr_A500 flaunts his prize winning APL tripleshots in a moody composition, not out of place from the movies.

Photo 37 by HAL - Generations • Not a keyboard, but a moment in a restoration. HAL passes along the vital knowledge of what goes where inside a Model M to a convincing pupil.

And the Wingnut for Best input device photo 2014, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

Not a keyboard, but a moment in a restoration. HAL passes along the vital knowledge of what goes where inside a Model M to a convincing pupil.

Most toys forget all about the navigation block.

Ascaii
The Beard

08 Dec 2014, 21:58

Awesome!

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 22:05

It is a classic picture. My favourite on the whole forum this year. Well done HAL. And, presumably, your lady who actually shot it!

scottc

08 Dec 2014, 22:11

Well-deserved. Great picture. Congratulations, HAL!

Nuum

08 Dec 2014, 22:44

Congratulations, a really nice picture with a lot of emotion in it.

wupi

08 Dec 2014, 22:55

Grats, that was my favorit photo. :)

photekq
Cherry Picker

08 Dec 2014, 22:56

Definitely deserved to win. Congrats HAL. Out of curiosity, do you own even 1 MX board to put the wingnut on? :lol:

CeeSA

08 Dec 2014, 22:58

Nice one!

Madhias
BS TORPE

09 Dec 2014, 11:06

Congratulations! It was my final vote, and i think the one before.

Muirium
µ

09 Dec 2014, 11:11

Glad to see one of my nominations won! The champion wasn't even in the running until the closing hours of nominations, can you believe.

Of course, we didn't know there would be a photos DTA earlier in the year. But no way was I forgetting that shot.

HAL

09 Dec 2014, 23:33

photekq wrote: Definitely deserved to win. Congrats HAL. Out of curiosity, do you own even 1 MX board to put the wingnut on? :lol:
:D Thanks everyone :D

And yes I even own an MX board.
At the office I use either an IBM SSK or the WASD Code with MX Greens and Dolch Replica Caps.
HAL_office_1024x576.jpg
HAL_office_1024x576.jpg (145.36 KiB) Viewed 18931 times
And I have a NovaTouch on its way in the mail.

HzFaq

09 Dec 2014, 23:58

Congrats HAL.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

10 Dec 2014, 10:25

Congrats :) Well deserved, I loved this photo it has a major cuteness factor :D Reminds me of my daughter when she helped me build one of my boards, she loved kicking all those switches.

Return to “Results”