The Deskthority Award 2014

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

08 Dec 2014, 22:13

And now, your special attention for the main Award...

What was extra special in 2014? The nominees for The Deskthority Award 2014 are:

Cindy of Electronics Plus: For Rescuing a Ton of Classic Keyboards • Cindy burst onto the scene this year. It didn't take long for her exploits in keyboard recycling rescues to become legend. Remarkably, she's learning on the job about all the arcane differences between the boards that mean so much to us. If there's an endangered classic out there, Cindy's hunting it down. And we hope she gets there before it's crushed!

Matt3o: for his projects and group buys • The forum's busiest robot, matt3o forged ahead with another remarkable year. Armed with his own CNC machine, his projects are shifting up a gear. And he showed the keyboarding world precisely how a group buy should be done, starting from the comprehensive interest check and ending in some of the best caps of this, or any, year.

HaaTa: Relic Hunter Extraordinaire • There's collectors, who live to stock their stash, and then there's HaaTa. He doesn't just fill his shelves, he gets down and dirty and dissects these rarities, so the rest of us can have a look! He's the Smithsonian of the keyboard world, with more than just a hint of Doc Brown

Xwhatsit: for his controllers and software • More than thirty years ago, IBM made some of the best keyboards of all time. Then for more than thirty years, nobody could use them. Xwhatsit is the man who changed all that. His replacement controllers for beamsprings and Model Fs have brought dozens of the greats back to daily life. And his configuration software's better than he'll have you think!

And the golden Wingnut for The Deskthority Award 2014, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

Cindy burst onto the scene this year. It didn't take long for her exploits in keyboard recycling rescues to become legend. Remarkably, she's learning on the job about all the arcane differences between the boards that mean so much to us. If there's an endangered classic out there, Cindy's hunting it down. And we hope she gets there before it's crushed!

Fresh from Keyboard Santa!

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 22:14

Well done Cindy! I haven't even got my hands on those pictured keyboards yet (they're waiting on my next visit) but I expect they won't be last. Keep those great finds coming!

7bit

08 Dec 2014, 22:17

:ugeek:

Thanks for rescuing so many keyboards!!!
:-)

Medowy

08 Dec 2014, 22:19

Congrats Cindy! :)

Laser
emacs -nw

08 Dec 2014, 22:19

Congratulations Cindy! :)
Without you i couldn't put my hands on an IBM Model F keyboard anytime soon!

Nuum

08 Dec 2014, 22:43

Congrats, you deserve it, I got some awesome keyboards from you!

CeeSA

08 Dec 2014, 23:04

Opps, who's Cindy? :?

I have to spend more time here.... :lol:

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 23:04

If you like IBM, you'll be kicking yourself:

http://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/so ... t8881.html

rindorbrot

09 Dec 2014, 00:22

Congrats to Cindy!
To win again next year, just find some more Kishsavers and F Unsavers for us ;)

elecplus

09 Dec 2014, 00:24

Thanks, guys! I really did not expect an award!

My many thanks to all of you for teaching me the ins and outs of old and new keyboards. I hope I can continue to find many more treasures for your enjoyment :-)
Last edited by elecplus on 09 Dec 2014, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

09 Dec 2014, 00:25

CeeSA wrote: Opps, who's Cindy? :?

I have to spend more time here.... :lol:
:ugeek:

Hint:
Spoiler:
The gulls help her to find keyboards in junk yards ...

elecplus

09 Dec 2014, 01:03

No no, that is the cat and the rat!
Spoiler:
9823137-gray-rat-at-the-computer-on-the-keyboard-rat-hamster.jpg
9823137-gray-rat-at-the-computer-on-the-keyboard-rat-hamster.jpg (73.18 KiB) Viewed 17983 times

Return to “Results”