The Deskthority Award 2015

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2015, 22:40

Use this topic to suggest nominees for the Deskthority Award 2015.

This is the main award and the "super category", anything goes. You can suggest a keyboard, company, keycap set, person, etc. It can be something or someone already nominated in another category as well - in fact please post strong candidates from other categories. What was extra special since November 2014? You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion. You cannot nominate yourself.

By voting in the third round of this category, you can win a store credit of £100 from the Keyboard Company!

The first round ends on Thursday 3 December, 00:00hrs UTC.

Current suggestions (this list is frequently updated):
  • zts for his contributions to the wiki this year
  • seebart for his contributions to the wiki this year
  • XMIT for assisting cindy with the amazing vintage finds
  • Muirium for his photos, advocacy, for welcoming newcomers to DT and for his color-choice for Round 5
  • Robin13867 for all his Cherry UK sales at reasonable prices and contributing documentation material to the community
  • Zslane for fixing the SHIFT-legend

Belfong

28 Nov 2015, 12:58

I’d like to suggest artisan of the year. This year sees the emergence of many new artisans, not just the familiar Clack Factory and Bro Caps. And many of them bring new and original designs to the table.

In fact another category could be original artisan keys of the year.

Topre Enthusiast

28 Nov 2015, 23:38

I would like to nominate zts and seebart for their contributions to the wiki this year. There are also others who have put their time into the wiki such as Ander and tactica and that is greatly appreciated. The reason I nominated seebart and zts is because the majority of their contributions are additive instead of corrective. Both activities are important, but the former generally requires a bit more effort.

andrewjoy

29 Nov 2015, 01:41

I vote for xmit , for assisting cindy with the amazing vintage finds.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

29 Nov 2015, 04:23

Thanks andrewjoy! Cindy did most of the finding, I just helped her rummage. I would nominate elecplus again but she already has a golden wingnut! She's had a rough year too, so anyone seeing this, please send her a PM of appreciation if you've somehow benefitted from something she's done.

seebart has done a great job with the wiki, so I'll second his nomination. Thanks again seebart for writing up the NEC APC-H412 page.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Nov 2015, 20:30

I guess all of you missed this one;

we have a certain DT club member here who spends A LOT of his personal time taking care of our daily operations and moderations here at DT. Just look at his post numbers and you know what I mean! I therefore would hereby like to nominate Muirium for the The Deskthority Award 2015 for his continual and comprehensive community support and club managment.
Last edited by seebart on 30 Nov 2015, 01:27, edited 2 times in total.

Muirium
µ

30 Nov 2015, 00:02

Thanks Seebart. I think I'm eligible, but Webwit makes the rules. He likes to keep himself and DT as an organisation above the DTAs, understandably.

One thing's for sure: I'm not paid. The only dough that's changed hands between me and DT is my club membership dues in the opposite direction, just like the rest of you.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Nov 2015, 00:08

Sorry, you can nominate Muirium for anything except for admin work, which is the case here. It's like the The Academy Awards handing out Oscars to the The Academy Awards management.

Muirium
µ

30 Nov 2015, 00:21

As Webwit knows, I don't do much admin work. Basically manage DT Club affairs and the occasional bit of spam bashing and thread moving.

By far most of what I do on DT is as an ordinary user. Chatter, photos, reviews, the usual.

seebart

30 Nov 2015, 01:25

I've rephrased my nomination for Mu and I'm standing by it, you decide webwit. The nomination is about the time and effort put into DT that's all. Call it what you will.

mtl

30 Nov 2015, 01:27

I also nominate Muirium for his photos, advocacy, and for welcoming newcomers to DT (which I'm of the impression he does out of enthusiasm for the community and not merely in an admin capacity).

seebart

30 Nov 2015, 01:29

Good mtl, then we got that covered if my nomination is not eligible.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Nov 2015, 01:57

Added with mtl's motivation.
Sorry seebart, your motivation is still for Muirium in his capacity of admin ;) In that capacity Muirium represents deskthority, and deskthority is giving away Wingnuts to others, not itself.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

30 Nov 2015, 02:25

I'd like to nominate the "Deskthority Wiki" for being an effective collaborative effort by this great community of enthusiasts that is an excellent reference for those of us who are "newbies" here at DT and those who may not yet have joined. It drew me to DT and I can't speak highly enough of it.

7bit

30 Nov 2015, 10:17

Robin13867 for all his Cherry UK sales at reasonable prices and contributing documentation material to the community.
:ugeek:

Muirium for his color-choice for Round5.
:cool:

Zslane, again, for fixing the SHIFT-legend ...
:roll:

Muirium
µ

30 Nov 2015, 10:19

Didn't I do that in like 2005 or so? Ineligible!

Return to “Call for nominees”