The *Ping* Award 2015

The *Ping* Award 2015

Poll ended at 09 Dec 2015, 01:00

Massdrop for their KC60 drop, for the bad packaging of GKM trays, for failing to even acknowledge the assistance or even existence of Deskthority in their latest marketing for Matteo's Topre set, whose design thread took place right here on DT, for the registration barrier, and for the Infinity Ergodox drop
33%
The Key Tronic foam and foil key switch. So much potential. So much disappointment.
7%
GhostOfHarry (GeekHack)'s amazing disappearance and subsequent return with a mountain of Tai-Hao doubleshots
9%
Cherry, for closing the UK office and for not letting you disable the windows key LEDs on the 6.0, and for using shitty PCB style stabilisers on the plate of the 6.0
14%
GMK for their trays
12%
Apple Butterfly Mechanism, this time Apple looked just at aesthetics completely
14%
KFC Tray Typer keyboard. For increasing pollution, most likely being awful to type on, and for being from the company that gave us something pingworthy last year
10%

Total votes: 181

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2015, 01:00

Please vote for nominees for the *Ping* Award 2015. What was the worst keyboard or keyboard/input device related experience in 2015?

You can use a maximum of 4 votes.

This is round 2. This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1 - the 4 entries with most votes will be promoted to official nominees and make it into the third and final round.

See the first round for reference and motivations.
The second round ends on Wednesday 9 December, 00:00hrs UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round. The full results will be published at the end of the Awards.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2015, 02:21

I forgot to nominate Massdrop for their small print conditions which state that the conditions can be changed at any time without notification. Catch 22!

Halvar

03 Dec 2015, 02:36

I forgot to nominate Massdrop for their customs declaration desaster.

pbtforever

03 Dec 2015, 02:51

Clearly the GH Service Provider:

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/geekhack.org.html

keycap

03 Dec 2015, 03:13

pbtforever wrote: Clearly the GH Service Provider:

:lol:

kokokoy

03 Dec 2015, 03:59

pbtforever wrote: Clearly the GH Service Provider:

very timely! happened when the first round closed. :D

7bit

03 Dec 2015, 17:46

I wanted to vote for that 7bit-rolling-deadline-guy, but I can't find him on the list.
:mad:

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Dec 2015, 22:00

Currently ahead are, in alphabetical order:

Apple Butterfly Mechanism
Cherry for multiple reasons
KFC Tray Typer keyboard
Massdrop for multiple reasons

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2015, 16:55

I'd like to add another charge to MassDrop's nomination: ever tried loading their site with JavaScript disabled? 7bit never even sees a pixel!

Return to “Vote for nominees”