The Deskthority Award 2015

Poll ended at 09 Dec 2015, 01:00

zts for his contributions to the wiki this year
15%
seebart for his contributions to the wiki this year
22%
XMIT for assisting cindy with the amazing vintage finds
25%
Muirium for his photos, advocacy, for welcoming newcomers to DT and for his color-choice for Round 5
23%
Robin13867 for all his Cherry UK sales at reasonable prices and contributing documentation material to the community
6%
Zslane for fixing the SHIFT-legend
10%

Total votes: 167

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2015, 01:00

Please vote for nominees for the Deskthority Award 2015.

This is the "super category". What was extra special in 2015?

You can use a maximum of 4 votes.

This is round 2. This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1 - the 4 entries with most votes will be promoted to official nominees and make it into the third and final round.

See the first round for reference and motivations.

By voting in the third round of this category, you can win a store credit of £100 from the Keyboard Company!

The second round ends on Wednesday 9 December, 00:00hrs UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round. The full results will be published at the end of the Awards.

mtl

03 Dec 2015, 05:07

I find myself wanting to redistribute the nominees for DT Award, Lifetime Achievement, and Forum Contributer into the various categories. Should have thought about that before Round 2! :?

Maybe for next year, the winners from the other categories could go up against the nominees for DT Award for the top honor. :)

bhtooefr

03 Dec 2015, 05:19

Another possibility that I just thought of is that the Deskthority Award could exclusively be a round 4, in which the winners of round 3 of the good contests (read: not Ping) are entered, and that's it.

That said, that'd exclude some past DTA winners, IIRC.

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2015, 11:01

We always screw up the nomination phase. It's a rush, and the overlapping categories make it messy. That's why I'd like more clarity in what each award is for. Strongly typed variables!

The golden Wingnut is a curious beast. We use the best prize as a consolation award for people we didn't vote for elsewhere, or general purpose miscellaneous! I'm all for running it last of all, as the grand final award. The Champions League of Deskthority.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2015, 11:15

You can suggest a keyboard, company, keycap set, person, etc. It can be something or someone already nominated in another category as well - in fact please post strong candidates from other categories.

Halvar

03 Dec 2015, 11:46

Sorry Mu! Mu's post was an answer to a deleted post by me in which I said that we screwed up the nomination phase. I deleted that because I found it kind of pointless a few minutes later.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

03 Dec 2015, 13:04

We should just make the DT award after Round 3 of all others categories, take the winners and put them as nominees for it.

Halvar

03 Dec 2015, 13:16

Let`s talk about that next year. I think we were hyped for the lifetime award. We should have had more nominations for this, but the nominations we have are good and worthy, I have no problem seeing four that I can get behind.

andrewjoy

03 Dec 2015, 13:46

An easy solution would be to give me all the wingnuts then i can have a whole F row of Nuts!

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Dec 2015, 22:00

Currently ahead are, in alphabetical order:

Muirium
seebart
XMIT
zts

Return to “Vote for nominees”